QuickBooks is one of the mostly-used accounting software by various businesses (small to mid-sized) all over the world. As you know, you can get advantages of various built-in features in QuickBooks. Currently, we are describing one of these in-built features ‘QuickBooks PDF Converter’ that helps QuickBooks users in converting reports into Adobe portable document format files. This helps it calmer to share the company’s data or financial reports with the ones who don’t have QuickBooks.
The following post is committed to clarifying the complete steps to install, reinstall and remove QuickBooks PDF Converter. Let’s discuss this tool in detail and proceed further with performing its installation.
What is a QuickBooks PDF converter?
QuickBooks PDF Converter is a built-in feature that assists QB users in converting reports into Adobe Portable file. Additionally, this tool makes it easier for you to share the company’s data or financial reports with the ones who don’t have QuickBooks installed on their system. However, you might get stuck into various issues related to PDF converter, emailing, printing, saving, or a PDF file. In the following post, you can find out the steps to install, reinstall, and delete the PDF converter.
After that, you can also learn the solutions to get rid of QuickBooks PDF converter-related issues.
Benefits of utilizing QuickBooks PDF Converter
QB PDF converter tool comes up with numerous advantages, some of which have been listed below.
- It will be easy to convert numerous QuickBooks reports like balance sheets, company invoices, reconciliation statements, etc.
- You can easily email the company’s data to the clients and associates after converting the data into PDF format. Or, you can upload the PDF file to a web browser, computer server, or internet.
- The various platform supports QuickBooks PDF Converter that can be helpful for the one who wants to open it via Adobe reader, perfect PDF reader, or PDF –Xchange viewer, etc.
- The data can be shared easily with the help of the PDF converter tool.
You may also read : How to fix QuickBooks Error 6073?
How to install the QuickBooks PDF Converter Tool?
Listed below are the complete steps that can be followed to install the PDF converter.
- To begin with, right-tap on the QuickBooks Desktop option and choose the Properties tab.
- Next, choose the Find target tab or access the file path.
- After that, choose install the application or install.exe to download the PDF converter.
- Select OK when the process has been completed.
- And then select the Windows Start option and choose the search tab.
- Open the field and type in Control Panel and choose OK.
- Now, a printer and scanner window will appear on the screen.
- Right-click on the document converter and press the Enter key.
- Finally, ensure that you have entered the name correctly including spaces.
How to reinstall QuickBooks PDF Converter?
Now, you have learned the steps to install the pdf converter for the first time. If the tool has been mistakenly removed and you are looking for the steps to reinstall it, go through the following list. We have given all the steps to reinstall the PDF converter.
- The initial step is to access Printers Window and choose the Start option.
- After that, click on Devices and Printers.
- Now, select Add a printer and tap on Local Printer.
- Ensure that you have not been selected Automatically detect and install my plug and printer.
- And then, click on Next and make a new port. Again, choose Next.
- You have to enter a PDF and choose OK.
- Choose the Have Disk option and select Browse.
- Look for the following:
- Windows 64-bit- C:Program Files (x86)IntuitQuickBooks 20XX (XX represents year)
- Windows non-64 bit- C:ProgramFilesIntuitQuickBooks 20XX
- Now, choose the file (amyuni.inf) and tap on Open.
- Click on Ok and press Next.
- Select Replace existing driver and click on Next.
- After that, you need to rename the driver according to the QuickBooks version as following:
- QuickBooks PDF Converter 3.0- QuickBooks 2009 R9-R10, QuickBooks 2010 R3-R5.
- PDF Converter 2.0- QB 2010 R1-R2, QuickBooks 2016 R6 and above
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Tool: QB 2007, 2008, 2009 R1-R8, 2009 R11.
- For default printer, choose No and click on Next.
- Keep in mind that not share the printer and press Next.
- Next, a test page will be prompted where you need to choose No.
- Finally, select Next.
How to remove the QuickBooks PDF Converter?
- Initially, log in to the PC as an Admin.
- Now, launch the Printer and Faxes Window and follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, choose the Windows option and click on Run.
- And then, write Control Panel and choose OK.
- Right-tap on the QuickBooks PDF Converter Tool option.
- Select the Delete option.
- Lastly, choose Yes on the confirmation window.
And if you are working on the recent version of Microsoft Windows including Windows 10, launch the printer and faxes and follow the steps written below.
- Choose the Windows start option and select the Run tab.
- Launch the Run window and write down Control Printers. And then choose OK.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks PDF converter option only when the printers and faxes launch.
- Right-click on the ‘get the delete’ option.
- Finally, select Yes when the confirmation window appears.
Alternative ways to resolve QuickBooks PDF Converter Tool Issues
Here, you can get some alternative methods to deal with issues related to QuickBooks PDF Converter.
Way 1: For Windows users
- You can check that the XPS document is in working condition or not without any disruption.
- Try to install the Microsoft XPS document write again.
- You should know that the issue might display because of the incorrect security settings.
- Use the antivirus that is installed on your system and then you need to edit the settings.
Way 2: Utilizing QB PDF & Print Repair Tool
You can also run the Intuit’s official website and install the PDF Converter tool. Later, you can use this tool to fix printing issues persisting in QuickBooks. If you are new to perform such technical things and looking for a professional, you may contact us. Mow. Proceed further to apply the following steps to use the print and PDF repair tool.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- First of all, shut down QuickBooks.
- After that, you are recommended to install the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub and save it on the Desktop.
- Next, choose the Home option and access the downloaded file.
- Go through the ongoing instructions to agree and install the terms and conditions.
- Double-tap on the icon on the Windows desktop to launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 2: Access the PDF and print repair tool
- After the installation of the tool, choose Program Problems.
- Now, select the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair tool option and wait for a while.
- Finally, the tool starts detecting the issues and resolves them.
Way 3: Reset temp folder permissions
In this method, you have to reset the temp folder permissions by following some steps that have been described below.
Step 1: Resetting the Temp Folder Permissions
- The first step is to launch the Run command by pressing the Windows+ R keys.
- After that, type in %TEMP% and press the enter key.
- Right-tap on the temp folder and choose the Properties option.
- Now, select the Security tab and ensure that all groups and user names have full control over the security tab.
- Finally, ensure that you have saved it as a PDF.
Step 2: Confirm to print XPS
- First of all, launch the Notepad and choose the File and print options.
- After that, click on the XPS document driver and choose the print tab.
- Write down a filename and save it on the desktop.
- Finally, choose the Desktop and review the document printed from notepad.
Way 4: Reinstalling, adjusting, or checking permissions for XPS document driver
If the aforementioned ways did not help you in issues related to QuickBooks PDF Converter, try to adjust permissions for the XPS document driver. Before applying the steps, keep in the mind the following things.
- Intuit doesn’t compatible with Microsoft apps along with the tools.
- If you can’t perform the procedure to resolve the issues, get in touch with any IT professional.
Now, apply the below-mentioned steps to check the permissions.
- Firstly, you need to check the XPS document writer and print outside QuickBooks.
- After that, check the XPS services that you have been enabled it or not.
- Reinstall the Microsoft XPS document writer.
- Next, change the security software settings and repair MSXML 6.0
- Make a new template for the form and choose the Print Spooler.
Finally, we have tried to explain everything about QuickBooks PDF Converter in the aforementioned post, as there is a lot to learn about the tool. If in case, any query remains unanswered or you want to get some additional information regarding the same, talk to our team and get immediate support. If you feel hesitant to contact our professionals, you can also mail us or post your queries via posting forums on our website. Else, ring us at our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553 to get instantaneous assistance. We are always ready to assist you from anywhere.