How to print a w2 in QuickBooks ?
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]IRS form W-2 is an informative statement with all the details of salaries and wages being paid by the employer to the employees. This also includes the details of taxes that get deducted from their paychecks. These QuickBooks W-2 forms are required to be filled out before the end of January. This means that you have about one month to verify all the correct information, print them, and further share it with your employees. But this process becomes a lot easier if printing from W2 Quickbooks.
If you happen to manage all your accounting operations with QuickBooks, then you get a lot of advanced features. These help you get through the process of printing W2 from QuickBooks.
Whether on plain paper, or pre-printed paper, on blank kit forms, or via electronic deliveries- you can complete task within a mere few moments. All you need to do is, verify that all the information on the employee’s W-2 is correct. Then, you can easily print a QuickBooks W-2 form.
Filing a QuickBooks W2 form online
When it comes to W-2 forms, there is more to it, than just distributing it with the employees. Depending on the requirements, you may have to file the IRS W-2 form, according to the state’s tax authority. If you have a QuickBooks payroll subscription, then it automatically will include the electronic filing of the QuickBooks W-2 form.
Even though QuickBooks is there to file your W-2 forms online, but is is important that you also have a look. This is to ensure that all your filing requirements are diligently fulfilled. To be one hundred percent sure, you can check with your local tax authority, or a bookkeeper or an accountant.
How to reconcile the QuickBooks W-2 data
In order to print your QuickBooks W-2 form, you must first process at least one payroll through QuickBooks. This includes at least one QuickBooks payroll in the previous tax year.
For this, you must know that QuickBooks Payroll requires you to have a paid subscription of it. The price range can vary as per the employees for the full service payroll.
An added benefit is that you can also send a reminder every time you are required to fill you payroll tax forms.To carry out this function, all you need to do is, click on the Gear icon on the top right corner on the screen and then click on Payroll Settings.
On the screen that appears after that, all you need to do is tap on the Pensil icon next to the email notification options. Once you are finished, just click on the ‘Done’ option.
In case you do not receive the email notification, it does not mean that you can not print your QuickBooks W-2 form. It simply means that you can keep away from relying on the email notifications or even the task lists in QuickBooks online to finish your important tasks for your business. In fact, to not miss on any deadlines, you can craete a calendar of when the vital accounting tasks are to be done. This will ensure that your business runs on time in terms of filing all the required forms.
Read Also:- What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
To print a QuickBooks W2 form without relying on mere email notifications, you can simply follow 6 crucial steps. These are:
- Take your mouse and hover it over the tab that says ‘Taxes.’ You can find this in the left hand toolbar, after which you can tap on ‘Payroll Tax.’
- You will be taken to a new screen that will be labelled as Payroll Tax Center. It will display your Tax Payments, next to which you will find the option of a Forms Tab. You need to click on this.
- Once you are accessing the Forms screen, you will be able to see all the forms that QuickBooks Payroll has filed on behalf of you. You can see them organised by year, quarter calendar, where you can expand them one by one.
- You can now click on “W-2-Copies B, C & 2” to download the PDFs to share with your employees. Once you have selected the correct options, you can print your file copies of QuickBooks W-2.
- Now you can print your forms by opening the QuickBooks W-2 PDF file and printing it.
- If you want, you can also electronically transfer your QuickBooks W2 with your employees. This will need the employee to consent to receiving the QuickBooks W-2 electronically.
How to print a W-2 from QuickBooks?
First of all, you need a black ink and a print on paper that is compatibale with QuickBooks Payroll version.
Next, you need to ensure that you have a supported QuickBooks Payroll standard and a supported desktop version.
You are also required to have W-2 papers that will work with the payroll service and printer.
You also need to have the latest payroll tax table.
To print a QuickBooks W-2 forms, you need to carry out the following steps:
Step 1: Open the QuickBooks W-2 and W-3 in the desktop version.
Step 2: Choose the type of paper. Select the item you need to print from the QuickBooks W-2 and W-3 forms.
Step 3: Export the form into a PDF version.
Step 4: Begin the printing process, and voila! You are done.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the format of a QuickBooks W-2 form?
The QuickBooks W-2 form may vary in format, but they report the same information in all the forms. These include the wages pais, taxes withheld, benefits, deductions and so on.
- What are the printing requirements in QuickBooks online?
All you need is a QuickBooks Payroll subscription, alongwith blank papers and black ink that supports your printer.
- Can I print, save and email QuickBooks W-2 forms via Adobe reader?
Yes you can do it by saving a copy of the same and carrying out the similar steps as above to get a priunt out, or emial the files to someone.
- How many copies of QuickBooks W-2 forms’ prints are required?
You must get the QuickBooks W-2 forms printed for employees, employer, and the government.
- Do I need to do a print test first?
In case you are using a preprinted form, then it is a safe option to print a test version of QuickBooks W2 form first.
This blog was to inform you how to print a W-2 from QuickBooks. When ou use QuickBooks desktop, you will also get an idea as to how to print a W-2 in QuickBooks.
If you still have anymore questions regarding how to print W-2 in QuickBooks, you can reach out to QuickBooks Support Phone Number :- +1-808-374-3003