Dealing with the “QuickBooks Running Slow” issue by applying some quick solutions
Have you been ever got stuck in a situation where your software is running slowly? It could be a very annoying situation that might hamper your business while performing some crucial activities and causes delay to your accounting tasks. A slow QuickBooks indicates slow productivity and leaves you to wonder “why is your QuickBooks working slowly?” Well, you don’t need to worry as we are here to guide you throughout the process to resolve this issue.
Today’s post is about “QuickBooks running slow” with having all the effective solutions to fix it. Be in touch with us via this instructive post and deal with the issue by yourself.
Why ‘QuickBooks is running slow’ persists?
Well, there can be various instances that may give rise to the aforementioned issue. In the following list, you can get all the appropriate causes that help you to choose the solutions accordingly to make the software run faster.
- Because of working on outdated QuickBooks software.
- Corrupted or damaged QBWUSER.INI file may cause to ‘QuickBooks is running slow’.
- Due to a corrupted hard drive, you may face the issue.
- Corrupted or damaged program files or installation issues.
- If your Windows operating system has been damaged, this may create an issue.
Solutions to deal with ‘QuickBooks is running slow’ issue
Here, you can find out all the relevant solutions to deal with the ‘QuickBooks is running slow’ issue. In case, you have got stuck in any issue that can’t be tackled by you, get in touch with our team.
Solution 1: Verify the speed via UNC location
- The first step is to press and hold Windows + E keys altogether and look for the server name.
- After that, look for the network location field and find the mapped drives such as X:\, Y:\, Z:\, etc.
- Now, note down the server name that contains 2 backlashes on a notepad.
- Next, put the server name and share the folder named ServerName\SharedFolder Name.
- Write down the location and access QuickBooks.
- Choose open or restore a company file and then select a company file.
- Press Next.
- Type the UNC path and choose the Enter key.
- Now, a company file list will pop up on the screen where you need to choose one of the company files.
- Finally, make sure that the error has been fixed.
Solution 2: Check the speed of QuickBooks
While checking the QuickBooks speed, make sure that only one user has been logged out of the company file.
- First of all, choose the File Menu and click on Utilities.
- After that, you need to verify data within the company file.
- Launch the verification procedure and click on OK.
- And then, you will get a run a repair on the data in case of integrity issues.
- Finally, choose a rebuild for example QBWin.Log file if the ‘QuickBooks running slow’ continues.
Solution 3: Validating the Default Setting
- Firstly, you need to navigate to the files and choose the Utilities option.
- After that, click on the Host Multi-User Access option and choose the multi-user access tab.
- Select Add multiple users to the company file.
- Now, choose the multi-user access option if you have not selected it earlier.
- Click on Create the user account password so that you can protect data from being corrupted.
- Lastly, start utilizing multi-user mode in QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop
- The initial step is to choose the Windows start option and select the open control panel.
- And then choose the program and features option and select QuickBooks.
- After that, you need to click on the Uninstall/Change option.
- In the next step, start downloading the QuickBooks software from the official website of Intuit.
- Finally, click on the multi-user host installation option.
Solution 5: Manage the data file
- Make sure to decrease the data ranges on the big files.
- After that, use only a single module at a time and minimize the shared users.
- Click on Save the data file on the PC that has the fastest network.
- At last, replace faulty or slow Network Interface Card (NIC).
Solution 6: Change some QuickBooks Preferences
- Initially, choose the List menu and click on Templates.
- And then, you need to use a new template for the transactions.
- Choose the Template option and click on New.
- Now, select the type of Template that you have to create and tap on Ok.
- Shut down the window by choosing OK.
- Finally, to save the transaction, use the new Template.
If the ‘QuickBooks running slow’ issue still occurs, then apply the following steps.
- Firstly, look for the search tab and type Performance.
- Select the Green Arrow and go to the Help Menu.
- Now, choose the Search option and click on Improve Performance.
- Press the F2 key on the same page where you need to save a transaction.
- Check the size of the file. In case, the data exceeds 500 MB, then you have to condense the data included in the file or remove the unrequired data.
Concluding the Article!
The aforementioned tricks will definitely guide you to fix QuickBooks running slow issue and makes your software run faster. Assumingly, your QuickBooks software is now working correctly in response to each input of the mouse or keyboard. If for any cause, the above- solutions did not assist you in fixing the issue; you can call us at any time and get immediate technical support. We are just a call away and available all round the clock at QBPremier, our QuickBooks Premier Support Number +1-808-374-3003(Toll-Free). Stop getting worried and find appropriate solutions by contacting our team.