QuickBooks is one of the perfect accounting solutions available in the software market. It is getting increasingly popular because of its easy user interface, accessibility, stronger security and reasonable cost. Nowadays, even small and medium scale businesses possess QuickBooks to meet their accounting needs.
QuickBooks software sometimes gets affected by bugs and may not work properly. Here, we are going to deal with an error that shows “QuickBooks has stopped working”. You can get in touch with our experts in case of having the same issue or apply the below-mentioned solutions accordingly. Now, let’s understand the issue to resolve it manually.
What does “QuickBooks has stopped working” display?
When you try to open QuickBooks by clicking on its icon, a small window will open with a message saying the “QuickBooks has stopped working” and windows will check for some issues but fails to. Then there is just one button “Close Program”.
A number of issues may cause this error. To resolve them, we need to recognize what triggers the error. Below, we will mention some of the probable symptoms of the “QuickBooks has stopped working” issue.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Symptoms of the “QuickBooks has stopped working” issue
Here is a list of all the possible causes that will not let you access the QuickBooks software. You may need to understand all of them in order to fix the same issue manually.
- The company name is too long.
- A file called QBWUSER.INI is either missing or damaged.
- Your hard drive is corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation is corrupted or the program files are damaged.
- Windows itself is damaged.
Why does the QuickBooks has Stopped Working Error occurs?
Under-mentioned are all the causes that may lead to the “QuickBooks has stopped working” issue. You can resolve it manually and if the error still persists then get in touch with our team of experts and try to resolve it immediately.
- If the company name is too long, it causes “QuickBooks has stopped working” with the execution of the file that stops QuickBooks from working normally.
- QBWUSER.INI is an important file that contains information about the user in QuickBooks. If this is missing or damaged, then the software cannot work properly.
- Any damage to the hard drive automatically impedes the functioning of any software installed on the computer, never to mention QuickBooks. This holds well even if Windows itself is damaged.
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks makes the important program components missing or corrupt, preventing QuickBooks from working normally.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks has Stopped Working Error?
Here are the solutions that can be followed to fix the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error. If you are unable to resolve it on your own, you can also get connected with our team of experts who know all the ways to deal with all QuickBooks-related issues. Now, try to apply all of the given solutions respectively.
Also check out: Everything about QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Solution 1: Access the Company File from a different Folder Location
- Firstly, press and hold Windows + E to launch the Computer Window.
- After that, you need to look for the data file that has a .qbw file extension.
- Then, click on Copy and go to the C: Drive path.
- And then, you are required to create a new folder.
- You need to give a name to the folder as QBTEST.
- Paste your company file on the QBTEST folder.
- Click on Open or Restore and Existing Company.
- After that, you need to run C:\QBTEST folder.
- Finally, launch the company file that has been copied in the recent folder.
Also read: What is QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Solution 2: Disable the Anti-Virus Program & Restart the PC
- You are required to restart the system. By doing so, you will be able to close all the running applications.
- And then, access the QuickBooks software again and check whether the “QuickBooks has stopped working” issue has fixed.
Solution 3: Utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, you are required to install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, save the file on the local Desktop.
- Shut down all the running applications and access the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Finally, re-launch the PC.
Solution 4: Remove QBWUSER.INI File
- First of all, go to the Organize tab and choose the Folder and search option.
- After that, choose the View tab.
- Go to the Advanced Settings and click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Choose Ok.
- After that, you need to click on My Computer and run the following path.
- C;\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Finally, choose the QBWUSER.INI file and select Rename.
Solution 5: When QuickBooks has stopped working after Windows 10 Update
- First of all, you need to choose the Control Panel and then click on Windows Firewall.
- After that, go to the Advanced Settings and choose Outbound Rules.
- Choose the New rule option and click on the Program checkbox.
- And then, choose the Next option.
- You are required to click on the This Program Path option.
- After that, you have to copy the QuickBooks location.
- Click on Block the connection.
- Finally, choose Finish.
The above-mentioned fixes will surely resolve the “QuickBooks has stopped working” issue. If this doesn’t help, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our QB Premier Support at our QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553. We have the best team of certified QuickBooks experts to help you to solve your problem in no time. We not only resolve your bugs and errors related to the QuickBooks software but also guide the ways to run the application. You are free to call us at any time and from anywhere.
People also see