A Complete Summary of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Lots of companies and firms using QuickBooks to lessen their burden of recording daily-basis activities. This software works faultlessly when you need to handle business activities. However, various business owners are unaware of the perks and uses of the file doctor tool. Seeing all the facts, we have come up with the following article to tell you about the process of downloading and using the file doctor tool.
Thus, make sure that you will go through the whole post carefully till the end. If you find any issues while reading the post or unable to apply the underneath steps, hire a professional by contacting our team.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
A perfect tool has been launched in a market known as ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ that can be accessed to resolve all network connectivity issues and company file errors. Simply, we can say that the doctor tool assists QB users in resolving file corruption, data-related issues, windows issues, etc.
Inuit’s QuickBooks File doctor has been introduced in 2012. Before its existence, QuickBooks users had to run two different tools (QB company file diagnostic tool and QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool) to resolve QuickBooks-related issues. It was a bit difficult for anyone to run both of the tools at a single time. That’s why Intuit has decided to merge these two tools and make a new one i.e. famous as “QuickBooks File doctor’.
Versions of QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Built-in File Doctor (Offered in QB version 2015 and later)
- QuickBooks File Doctor Stand-alone version
QuickBooks File Doctor is compatible with:
- The built-in file doctor is obtainable in QuickBooks 2015 and later versions & compatible with all the Windows Desktop versions.
- The file doctor doesn’t support any QuickBooks Mac versions.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6210?
Errors that can be fixed by utilizing the QuickBooks File Doctor
Below, we have tried to include all the error codes that can be tackle by you just by accessing the file doctor tool. Let’s check out the following list.
- Lost or blank lists for vendors, customers, or employees.
- Unable to access the company file.
- H series errors like H101, H202, H303, & H505.
- QuickBooks 6000 series errors.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- In case of facing issues while accessing the company file, then fix it via utilizing the doctor tool.
Advantages of using the QuickBooks File Doctor
The file doctor is a widely used tool by various QuickBooks users to deal with QuickBooks-related issues. Also, you can deal with QuickBooks 6000 series error codes along with the H series errors. To get more advantages of utilizing the File Doctor, check out the underneath list.
- If your data has been mistakenly damaged, get the help of the file doctor tool to fix it.
- With the help of the file doctor tool, you can get all the mandatory data that have been lost.
- If you are experiencing any issue in launching the file that has been stored on another system, you can deal with it by using the doctor tool.
- Both of the series 6000 & H error codes can be fixed by using the file doctor.
Important points to keep in mind before downloading QuickBooks File Doctor
- You should use the system as an Admin in the Windows OS.
- Don’t forget to uninstall the pre-installed tool if any.
- Ensure to turn on QuickBooks Hosting before the installation of the file doctor tool.
- Installation of the .NET framework is necessary to download the doctor tool.
- You don’t need to install QuickBooks File repair in order to install the file doctor tool.
How to download the QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks file doctor tool can be downloaded in two ways. The initial method is to download the tool via accessing Intuit’s official website. And, other way to install the file doctor is by accessing QuickBooks tools hub. Here, we are writing down both of the ways to download the doctor tool.
Method 1: Through the official website of Intuit.
- The first step is to visit the official website of Intuit.
- Choose the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Download option.
- Now, run the QBFD.exe file and the installation will start manually.
- Next, the doctor tool will get launched automatically. If not so, open it by choosing Start.
- Finally, follow the prompts to resolve error codes and bugs.
Method 2: Via using QuickBooks Tools Hub
- The first thing is to download and install QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Now, download the hub file and save it.
- Click on the QuickBooksToolHUb.exe file and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After that, double-tap on the Tool Hub to access it.
- Choose the Company File Issues option.
- Then, select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Select the company file and choose check the company file. Now, click on Continue.
- Lastly, enter admin password and click on Next.
How to run the stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor?
Below, we are listing down the complete steps of using the stand-alone version of the file doctor tool. If you are new to perform such things, feel free to contact us and hire an expert who can perform such tasks on your behalf.
- Initially, ensure that you have the current QuickBooks File Doctor version.
- Now, select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- After that, double-tap on the file doctor tool and follow the instructions.
- After the installation of the tool, choose Windows Task-bar.
- To save the tool on the hard drive, choose the Browse option.
- And then, choose check the File Damage Only option and click on Diagnose File.
- You will get notified with the two options where you have to choose one of them wisely. Likewise, select the first option if you are getting QuickBooks 6000 error codes. Otherwise, select the second one.
- Now, write down the Company File Admin Password and press Next.
- Next, choose one of the following options displaying on the screen.
- Select the PC option in case of utilizing operating diagnosis and fixing issues on the client’s system.
- Else, select the second option if you are working on a QuickBooks client system.
- Select Yes if you are accessing QuickBooks Host or server. Else, click on No.
- And then, make sure that no error can disrupt the installation process.
- Shut down the file doctor tool.
- At last, access the QuickBooks company file.
What is a Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor?
The built-in file doctor is already pre-installed In QuickBooks 2015 or later versions that help you to diagnose technical errors and issues related to Network Connectivity. Additionally, you can resolve all data issues by using this version of the doctor tool and it requires desktop installation. The in-built doctor is compatible with all versions of Windows 10, 8, 7, and Server 2003-2012. Below, we have listed the complete steps to access the same tool.
Steps to access the built-in version of QuickBooks File Doctor
Further down, you can get the simple steps to utilize the built-in version of the file doctor tool.
- The first step is to launch QuickBooks without launching the file.
- After that, select the File menu option and select Utilities.
- Choose the Repair File & Network Problems option.
- Find the Company File that you want to repair and click on Open.
- Select the Show Advanced Settings and press Next.
- Type the Admin ID and Password and press Next.
- Finally, run the company file.
You May Also Read: How to Use & Setup QuickBooks Payroll Online?
Predictable outcomes after utilizing the QuickBooks File Doctor
After accessing the file doctor tool, you will get one of the following results. If you are facing issues while running the tool and unable to use it, you may get in touch with our highly qualified professionals. They can assist you at their best regarding every issue occurring in QuickBooks.
Outcome 1: No Issues have been found
This indicates that the software is free of issues and can be accessed accordingly. If you are facing any issues during working on the file, use the Auto Data Recovery tool.
Outcome 2: Issue has been detected and the doctor tool can resolve it
In this case, you need to choose the Open new Company option to get rid of the QuickBooks-related issues. And then, wait until the issues get fixed. If in case, you can’t run the file, contact our professionals.
Outcome 3: Issue has been detected and the tool can’t resolve it
You can fix issues by using the Auto Data Recovery tool in this case. Furthermore, you can use ADR by entering transactions manually and fix QuickBooks-related issues.
Limitations of the QuickBooks File Doctor
As we know, every tool comes up with some limitations that can be annoyed for anyone. QB file doctor also consists of certain limitations that have been listed below.
- The doctor tool is only compatible with QuickBooks versions of the UK, CA, and the US.
- The built-in version of the doctor tool only works when the data has been lost. If you are unable to access the company file, then you must install the stand-alone version of file doctor.
- You must have the Admin credentials to access the doctor tool.
- A proper internet connection will be needed to upload QuickBooks damaged files.
- The size of the company files should be more than 2 GB for resolving issues via QB file doctor.
- Make sure that you don’t have any pre-installed tool so that the file doctor can be run faultlessly.
- The tool only supports two files .QBA & .QBW.
As we have read, QuickBooks File Doctor can assist you to deal with various issues that may take place while accessing QuickBooks. Likewise, it has given you a step-by-step direction on the best way to resolve QuickBooks Errors. However, you must keep few things in mind while using the tool so that it may not lead to an issue. Moreover, the post includes the process of downloading the file doctor tool in both ways. If you still have any doubts that are left to unclear or want to get some additional things, contact our professionals by dialing our QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number.