QuickBooks is undoubtedly the best accounting software, developed & designed by Inuit Inc. The software has the capability to handle banking transactions, bookkeeping, payroll management, and other financial accounting roles. In the nascent stage, it was formed for small & medium sized businesses, but it got popularity with large corporations. As it is a software, it can get plagued by errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code H202. One symptom of this error is that you can’t access your financial data, and ultimately your production will be hampered, however we’ll discuss other symptoms as well in below section
We would like to advise you that don’t attempt to fix QuickBooks Error H202 on your own. We have a dedicated team of experts who can easily solve the error.
Get to Know About QuickBooks Error Code H202
Here We will discuss QuickBooks Error Code H202 in detail. This error is usually associated with the multiuser operational mode.
If we dive more into this, then this error comes when you want to gain access of QuickBooks company file placed on another computer. We cannot copy QuickBooks files from the server.
You get a message stated below:
“You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
You will certainly get puzzled while getting this error. We would like to say that you don’t have to fret. We will surely guide you in tackling this error. Our experts are there.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Why QuickBooks Error Code H202 occurs?
QuickBooks Error Code H202 occurs in your system when QuickBooks tries to make connection to the company file but is unable to perform with the server. It happens by dint of underneath reasons
- if your QuickBooks is having incorrect hosting configuration settings , it leads to QuickBooks H202 Error.
- There is a blockage in your system which is named as firewall, has mainly blocked incoming & outgoing communication.
- There is a damaged or wrong DNS setting have occurred owing to which you may get QuickBooks Error H202
- If QuickBooks is unable to fetch the IP address of the server hosting company file.
- Some internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor aren’t running yet.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is damaged.
Solutions for QuickBooks H202 Error
Way 1: Check your system’s network connectivity
- Firstly, you have to turn off your hosting which is turned on your workstations.
- Now to open Run window, press Win+R together
- Type cmd in search box and press enter thereafter
- Enter ping[servername]to ping the server name from your workstation and press enter
(make sure that there is space between ping and server name and do not use any bracket around server name while typing)
- If you find packet loss or see slow response, means network needs to be repaired
- Check out second solution to fix QuickBooks H202 Error.
Way 2: Use the Network Diagnostic Tool
- The first step you have to perform is to download & install the tool on your system.
- launch the tool once downloaded.
- Now scan the folder where company file is located.
- Now, check for the data file connectivity.
- Try to open your company data file.
Way 3: Add your server to Windows Host file
- Firstly, you have to open the windows hosts file. The file is situated on your computer on which error is coming.
- Double click on the host file
- When asked for “How do you want to open this file” select Notepad.
- In the host file, after the last IP address, add server’s IP address followed by server name
- Now Save file by pressing Ctrl+S together or navigating to file menu and select save option.
- Try to open company file in multi user mode. This solution often works, if not then don’t worry, move down to next solution as it’ll certainly works for H202 Error QuickBooks
You May Also Read: Methods to resolve QuickBooks Error H505
Way 4: Generate a new folder to keep your company file
- Firstly, on your hosting computer, generate a new folder.
- Now share the folder which you have created. And then, set up your generated folder and take Windows access requests to segregate your company files
- After that copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file to the newly generated folder
- Open your company file in multi-user mode again and see if error still persist. Hope you have resolved QuickBooks Error H202 error, if not then don’t worry as we’ve few more solutions you can check out.
Way 5: Set hosting to local files
- First launch QuickBooks and press F2 to open the product information.
- In the lower left corner, under Local Server Information select Hosting.
- The steps will ensure that no other client system is hosting the same company file.
Way 6: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- To begin with first open Run window by pressing Win+R together followed by pressing enter
- Now type in services.msc and click OK
- Right click QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007) and select Stop.
- Right-click and select Start. Then close the window
- Now right-click the Windows Start button. Then, make your way to select Explore -> Tools -> Folder Options
- Now you have to go to the view tab, select Show hidden files and folders and delete “Hide protected operating system file” box.
- Select yes in the warning window and then tap ok
- Lastly, close the Windows Explorer
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H101?
Way 7: Delete and recreate the.ND file
- In Windows Search box, type *.ND and press enter.
- Here in the result section right-click on the .ND file. click on Delete.
- Confirm deletion when it is prompted.
- Now go to the Windows Start Button.
- Select All Programs -> QuickBooks -> QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Select the Scan Folder tab.
- Now click “Add Folder” button and browse the company file folder.
- Select the company file, and click Ok. But where is the company file’s path? For that, you can go the folders with QuickBooks company files field.
- Select Scan to start the screening process.
- Once the full scan is finished close the window.
Way 8: Use QuickBooks Repair Software
This is the last resort presented to you. If the aforementioned ways were not able to provide any solution to your problem, then it clearly means your company file is harmed due to H202 Error QuickBooks.
Without any further delay and for a quick recovery, you have to download QuickBooks Repair Software for the immediate solution.
To conclude our talks on QuickBooks Error Code H202, we would like to add that please avoid fixing the Error by yourself, this can seriously damage your company file, and you will see a loss in your financial data.
You can try and reach QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553(Toll-Free) at any time. We’d be glad to help you better.
People also read