QuickBooks has become a famous accounting solution because of having numerous features and functionalities. This software has proved its existence in terms of handling financial activities. Once you have done the installation of QuickBooks, there will be no need to hire an accountant to manage the business as it is not tricky to get knowledge about the software. However, this is nowhere back in displaying error codes like all other accounting solutions. QuickBooks Error H101 is one such example of such technical glitches that comes across while accessing the company file data on another system.
In the following article, you can get all the solutions that will help you to resolve QuickBooks H101 error. For any advance direction, you can write a mail to us.
What QuickBooks Error H101 displays?
According to Intuit Disclosure, QuickBooks error code H101 encounters while accessing the company file on another PC. This issue is considered as a technical interruption that can take place because of various instances. While the H101 error in QuickBooks, you get an error message following “Error H101: Your system requires additional configuration in which the company file has been saved.” You are recommended to look for the root causes behind the error occurrence and then apply the listed solutions with the help of this post.
Also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
What leads to QuickBooks Error H101?
After understanding the error H101, you might be thinking to know the root causes of the same. No worries as we have provided all the possible causes after long research. After getting familiar with the causes, you should apply the solutions accordingly.
- QuickBooks H101 error might display when the system is unable to connect with the server.
- When you are failed to access the right allocation of the file from the server.
- If you can’t access the company file, this may lead to QuickBooks error code H101.
- The issue might encounter when you can’t receive the IP address of the PC.
- Because of a wrong configuration of the QuickBooks company files.
Probable Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error H101
We have shared a list of solutions with you that will surely guide you in troubleshooting QuickBooks H101 error. If any of the solutions create an issue in your PC, instantly call us to get instantaneous support. Now, go through the listed solutions in sequence.
Solution 1: Resolving QuickBooks H101 Error by using the doctor tool
You can easily install the QuickBooks file doctor on the server even if you don’t have the license. The following are the steps to install the tool on your system.
- Firstly, install and access the tool on the server system.
- Now, click on the QuickBooks file doctor option.
- Go to the File Menu and choose the File Doctor.
Once you have installed the tool on the system, resolve the error related to the multi-user hosting via applying the listed steps.
- First of all, look for the company files locally on the server.
- Now, choose check your Network and press Continue.
- After that, select the Server option on the host PC.
- Lastly, choose Yes when you get the shared folder notification.
Solution 2: Checking the QB Network Ports
- Firstly, launch the Control Panel and click on System & Security.
- Access Windows Firewall and look for the Advanced Settings.
- Now, right tap on the Inbound Rules and choose New Rule.
- After that, select the Rule Type and choose Port.
- Now, click on TCP and local ports.
- You need to add all the necessary QB ports and click on Next.
- Now, choose Allow the connection and click on Next.
- And then, select the Network Type and verify all the marked options.
- Finally, give new a title to the rule and select Next.
The same steps can be performed for Outbound Rules to fix the H101 error in QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Creating another File Folder
- Firstly, create a new file folder on the host PC.
- Now, you have to share the recently created file folder.
- After that, allow entry permissions to set windows and share the company files.
- Next, copy and paste the .qbw file into the newly created folder.
- Finally, run the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Validating QB Services
- The first step is to open the Run box and type Services.MSc.
- Now, click on Enter.
- Press Ctrl + Shift +Esc all together to open the Task Manager.
- After that, click on the Services option and choose Services.
- Launch the Name column and look for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Choose the service name and click on Properties.
- After that, select the Startup Type and click on Automatic.
- Now, ensure that the status of the services has been turned on. If not so, then click on Start.
- Select the Recovery option and then tap on the First failure.
- Lastly, start the system again and launch the services.
Solution 5: Verifying the Hosting
- First of all, choose the File Menu and select Utility.
- After that, click on the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Now, choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Finally, access the Company File Window and press Yes.
Concluding the article
Hopefully, all your queries regarding QuickBooks Error H101 have been resolved after going through this instructive post. If you are still dealing with any issue, then immediately contact us to get the issue fixed. We may help you to fix all types of error codes that might hamper business activities. To resolve all your issues regarding QuickBooks, dial the QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553. If our team is unapproachable due to the long queue, then email us to get direct assistance over there.
People also read: