QuickBooks is a very trustworthy application which can help you out in managing your business transactions and making sure that all your accounts containing the coffers of the company are in sync and maintained properly. However, even dependable software such as this can lead to quite a few problems and errors occurring during its functioning. QuickBooks error 6147 is also a pretty commonplace error that can occur and affect your program. However, there is no need to worry. QuickBooks errors are very easy to deal with and this too can be sorted out in a matter of minutes without causing any glitches. This error occurs when you are actively trying to retrieve an old file over the network and are consequently unsuccessful in doing so.
What is QuickBooks Error 6147?
QuickBooks Error Code 6147 appears when you are supposed to access the company file or a backup file. Additionally, a damaged company file might also cause the error 6147 QuickBooks. Sometimes, restoring a company file backup with .QBB extension might also lead to the same issue. Before going through the solutions mentioned in this post, you are recommended to update the software. And then, find out the symptoms and root causes behind the same error code.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147?
- There will be a dialogue box displayed at large in your screen saying that QuickBooks error code 6147 0 has occurred and it cannot function properly at this time.
- The console, as well as the mouse, will become very slow and not function properly.
- QuickBooks will tend to close down suddenly without any preamble.
Reasons for the occurrence of the Error:
- There are times when the error will be involuntarily caused due to lack of proper internet resources or an improper server which can connect you properly. QuickBooks can also show QuickBooks error code 6147 particularly at times
- When There is the presence of a corrupted or degraded file messing about the application and causing unnecessary problems.
- The updates required for the proper transfer of data isn’t available and causing many problems, including this particular pertinent error.
- Antivirus protection system considers these files as a spyware and tries to reject it for the safety of the PC.
Also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
Procedure to fix the QuickBooks error code 6147 0:
You can get various solutions on the web to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6147. Here, we are providing you with some of the best and effective solutions that will surely guide you in the right direction to fix QuickBooks related error.
Solution 1: Configuring the Trend Micro Active Scan Settings
In this solution, you are required to configure the Trend Micro Active Scan settings. Also, create a folder that contains the company file. The following steps can be performed to look for the company file path.
- First of all, double-tap on QuickBooks while holding the Ctrl key.
- Launch QuickBooks without accessing the company file.
- After that, go to the “No Company Open” window and choose the company file.
- Finally, make sure that the company file is appearing on the top.
Solution 2: Access the Rebuild Utility
- The first step is to go to the File Menu and choose Utilities.
- Then, choose the Rebuild Data.
- Now, you will be notified to backup your company file, choose OK.
- Finally, choose OK if the PC display a message stating QuickBooks is not responding. You can move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Save the Copy of the Backup File to another PC
- First of all, make sure that the PC not being hosted.
- After that, run the File Menu and choose Utilities.
- Next, choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and then, press OK.
- Choose the Closed option in the company file window and press OK.
- And then, restore a backup file that has been saved on the PC>
- You can also restore another backup.
- Now, if you are still going through the error 6147 QuickBooks, then you must have to check the company file path.
- Finally, if the issue continues, check out the next solution.
Solution 4: Use Trend Micro Antivirus Security for the PC
- First of all, go to the antivirus settings and choose ignore path option.
- Next, ignore the company file folder from it.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl key and simultaneously run QuickBooks and to get the company file location.
- After that, access QuickBooks without accessing any company file.
- Then hold the F2 key , a window will pop up with product details that includes the company file folder location.
- Now check if error is still pervading.
Solution 5: Repair .TLG and .ND Files
- Firstly, access the folder that contains the company file.
- Search for the .ND and .TLG Files and right-click on the .ND file.
- And then, rename it by adding .OLD at the end of the file which will turn out to be .ND OLD.
- Perform the similar steps for the .TLG file and change it to .TLG OLD.
- Finally, check whether renaming .ND and .TLG files have fixed the issue or not.
Solution 6: Use Auto Data Recovery to re-title ADR
- Firstly, access the file folder that has the company file.
- Now, select the “QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery” folder.
- Herein look for the latest ADR file.
- Next, Right click on the file to choose Rename.
- Finally, add .QBW at the end of the file to complete the process.
Solution 7: Creating a backup file in a different location
- Firstly, make sure that the PC is not running over the multi-user environment.
- Now restore the backup files that have been stored on the system.
- Now, check the error 6147 QuickBooks persists or not.
- If yes, then change the name of the company file in a way that characters should be less than 120.
- Finally, check the error code is appearing.
Solution 8: Access QuickBooks File Doctor tool
If none of the above-mentioned methods guided you to fix QuickBooks error code 6147 0, you can also install the file doctor tool to fix the same. This tool helped you to resolve all types of issues related to the company data and network issues. If you have installed QuickBooks Tool hub, then follow these steps use the file doctor tool.
- Firstly, access the Tool Hub and choose the Company File Issues option.
- Choose QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now, choose the company file in QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose Browse and search only when you are failed to access the file.
- Select Check your File and tap on Continue.
- Finally, write down the admin credentials to access QuickBooks and press Next.
QuickBooks Error 6147 can be rather difficult to deal with but the above-given procedure should be enough to help you out in this regard. And in the scenario that even this procedure doesn’t work, there are other ways to get around this problem. Just place a call on their customer care number available on the website and your problem will be sorted out. These professionals are dedicated to serving you and will not leave you in the middle of a crisis. So don’t hesitate, just make a call at our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553 now and get all your errors sorted out
Also spare little time on the following