Do you get a message that reads: ‘QuickBooks is unable to open this company file’. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to move to multi-user mode so you can both use the company file at the same time. File could also be located in a read-only network folder. In case it is, ask your system administrator to make the file accessible.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 99001?
QuickBooks Error 99001 indicates that some person has the company file opened in a single-user mode. It is important to have that user switch to multi-user mode. In case mandatory, the server Admin can end every QuickBooks session through the Task Manager.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 99001?
QuickBooks Error Code 99001 usually caused by any of the following:
- File is open on another device in Single User mode.
- File is situated in a read-only network folder.
- Files are hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to log in to the shared folder.
- File is being run using a remote software (LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.) and the host computer still views that user as still signed in.
Also read: How to Eradicate QuickBooks Error 6190 816?
What are the quick fixes for QuickBooks Error 99001?
Given below are some of the best ways to fix this problem.
Solution1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 2: Manually fix the error
Case 1: In case the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop in all computers.
- Open the company file on the Host computer.
- Visit the File menu, then choose Switch to Multi-user mode.
- In case you are getting the same problem, reboot all workstations.
Case 2: In case the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- Visit the File menu, then choose close company.
- Re-open the company file. Visit the File menu, then choose Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Open a company file, then Next.
- Tap your company file.
- Press Open file in multi-user mode, then Open.
Case 3: If company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Visit the computer that is hosting your company file
- Open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Right-click on the folder, then choose Properties.
- Visit the Security tab.
- Choose the user that is having issues to log in, then Edit.
- Check Allow for Full control.
- Press Apply, then OK.
Case 4: If the computer is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Right-click the taskbar, then press Task Manager.
- Visit the Processes tab. Check if there are running processes under the name of the user that you are having issues with.
- In case there are processes under that user, restart your computer.
In case you have any problem while dealing with QuickBooks Error 99001 by above steps, reach out to us at QuickBooks Premier Support Number +1-808-374-3003. Do not hesitate because we are always here to help you.
People also read