QuickBooks is one of the famous Intuit’s accounting software that has been used by multiple business owners for their accounting & financial purposes. Because of having impeccable features and functionalities, it has gained popularity across the globe. QuickBooks helps its users to manage lots of business activities such as cash flow, managing payroll, keeping track of sales and expenses, etc. According to the multiple business owner’s statements, QuickBooks may end up with various error codes and bugs that may hamper business workflow.
In the following blog, we are heading for discussing one such bug QuickBooks error 6210 along with its root causes. And then, you can find solutions to fix the same in this post.
What is QuickBooks Error 6210?
QuickBooks Error -6210 displays while one of the company files is using the hosting file. This error code is related to the multi-user error that leads to a crash of the program window.
Additionally, the error might also encounter while installing, uninstalling, shutting down, or accessing the QuickBooks software. You first need to analyze the root causes behind the error occurrence and then try to fix it without hampering the system. Let’s check out the possible causes behind the error occurrence.
Possible triggers to QuickBooks Error 6210
Here, you can get all the probable causes behind the QuickBooks error 6210 0. After knowing the root causes for the same, it will be easy for you to troubleshoot the same. Let’s check out the following list to understand the reasons behind the error occurrence.
- When you don’t have the installation of the QuickBooks software, this may lead to QuickBooks error code 6210 0.
- Due to a damaged QuickBooks accounting register, you may get stuck in this issue.
- When you have installed any software from a third party.
- Because of a virus or malware on the device.
- If you have uninstalled the applications or files associated with QuickBooks, the error QuickBooks -6210 may appear.
- Because of the corrupted company files, you have to face QuickBooks Error Code 6210 0.
Points to consider before resolving this Error
We recommend considering the following points before trying to fix QuickBooks error -6210. By doing so, you can easily attempt the below-mentioned solutions without any fear of losing data.
- Ensure that you are working on the up-to-date version of the QuickBooks software.
- Create the backup of the files that need to be modified.
- Install the file doctor tool to detect the issues that are hampering your business activities.
Powerful methods to fix QuickBooks Error 6210
After getting familiar with the causes of QuickBooks error code 6210 0, it’s time to look for effective solutions to troubleshoot it. As you have understood, QuickBooks error -6210 may display under two situations and need to be resolved accordingly. Here, we have listed various solutions that will help you to fix the issue without damaging the software.
Solution 1: When you are trying to access the company file locally
- First of all, give new titles to the .ND and .TLG files.
- After that, access the sample file from the company data file.
- Meanwhile, copy the QuickBooks file on desktop.
- Now, restore the backup data file.
- Finally, save the backup file with the extension ADR.
Solution 2: When you are accessing the company file over the network
- Firstly, ensure that you have turned on Hosting on all PCs which have been connected over the network.
- After that, click on Rename to give new titles to .ND and .TLG files.
- Next, restart the QuickBooks database server manager and access the sample company data file.
- Meanwhile, launch the task manager and close all the QuickBooks-related processes.
- Verify the folder permission on your PC.
- Lastly, ensure that the firewall ports and antivirus software are accessible on the PC.
Solution 3: Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access
- First of all, choose the File option.
- After that, click on Utilities and select Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access.
Solution 4: Use Disk Cleanup
- Firstly, choose the Start option and write “command” in the search box.
- Now, press Enter while pressing Ctrl + Shift simultaneously.
- A permission dialog box will appear on the screen where you need to choose Yes.
- After that, a black blinking cursor appears on the screen.
- Next, write cleanmgr and choose the Disk Cleanup dialog box.
- You will notice the most of the disk cleanup space is occupied by Temporary Files.
- Finally, check the boxes and press OK.
Solution 5: Disable Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus software
As we know, various unexpected error codes may come across because of third-party security applications. That’s why we suggest disabling anti-malware or anti-virus software to resolve QuickBooks Error -6210. Because of such third-party security applications, you can’t access the company file that end up with an error code. So verify the Virus Vault to find out the files that have been quarantined and delete them.
Solution 6: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- First of all, ensure that you have created a backup of the financial data.
- Now, download and install the QB clean install tool and double-tap on the downloaded file.
- After that, agree with the license agreement and choose the QuickBooks version.
- Press OK.
- Finally, access the tool to reinstall QuickBooks and then resolve the issue.
To sum up
Finally, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Error 6210 with the guidance of the above-discussed troubleshooting solutions. However, if you are still struggling in fixing the same issue and unable to get instant fixes, call our professionals by dialing our QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-808-374-3003 (toll-free). In case, you are unable to connect with our team via calling us, then share your issues via writing a mail to us. We are obtainable all round the clock to provide you with immediate technical support.
Spend sometime in reading below informative blogs