QuickBooks has gained popularity all over the world. But, when it comes to error and bugs, QuickBooks is one of the software that displays error codes. One of the most common errors is QuickBooks error 6189 and hinders business activities. It does not let you to open a particular file. Well, you have to face various bugs and technical errors while working on the software such as QuickBooks error 6189 and 816, QuickBooks error 6189 77, & etc.
Today, we are going to highlight Error -6189,-816 and the reasons behind its occurrence. After that, you can find out the solutions that will help you to troubleshoot the issue immediately. Now, let’s discuss QuickBooks error -6189,-816 in detail.
What does QuickBooks Error 6189 indicate?
QuickBooks Error Code 6189 appears when you are failed to access the QuickBooks company files. Furthermore, you need to switch to multi-user mode so that multiple users can use the file at the same time. The file might be in a read-only network folder. You will get a message displaying “QuickBooks is incapable of determining the cause of QB error -6189,-816 on the local file”.
Additionally, we would like to tell your about QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 that can also take place along with the error code 6189. Generally, the QuickBooks error -6189,-816 takes place because of the mismatch between transaction log file and the company file. As a result, you will be unable to log into the company file in single user mode. After knowing about this error, you may proceed to understand the causes behind the error 6189 QuickBooks.
What can be the causes behind the Error?
After knowing about this error, you may proceed to understand the causes behind the error. The following is a list of all the possible reasons that may lead to the same error code.
- QuickBooks has not been installed properly; this may lead to the error.
- When the QuickBooks software download is corrupted.
- If the windows registry is corrupted, you may get the error 6189 QuickBooks.
- When any of the QuickBooks programs or files is missing or damaged.
- Because of corrupted QuickBooks company files.
Also Read about : How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190?
Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6189,-816
As we know, it is possible to resolve the QB error 6189 and 816 manually even after don’t have a complete knowledge of software. Here, we have explained all the simple steps that you need to follow to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6189 respectively.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Tools Hub
In this solution, you are required to perform two steps to resolve QuickBooks Error -6189 -816.
Step 1: Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, you have to shut down the QuickBooks application.
- After that, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool hub and save it on the desktop.
- Launch the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Then, you have to follow the on-going prompts to accept the terms and conditions.
- After installing the file, you need to double-tap the icon and launch the tool hub.
Step 2: Run “Quick Fix my Program”
- The first step is to go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, choose Program Problems.
- After that, click on Quick Fix my Program.
- You have to wait for a minute to access the tool. And if you have installed various QuickBooks versions on the PC, then it can take a long time to detect the issues.
- Once the Quick fix my program has fixed the issue, re-launch the QuickBooks application.
There are other blogs which are as useful as this one like “How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 80070057?“
Solution 2: Access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, select Network Issues in the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- After that, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- You need to select Start Scan if you can view your company file. If you are unable to do so, then browse the company file and choose Start Scan.
- Next, the database server manager will repair the firewall permissions.
- After the scanning process gets completed, choose Close.
- Finally, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your PC.
Also read: Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Solution 3: Start all PC’s again
- Firstly, you are required to restart the server PC.
- After that, restart workstation and launch the QuickBooks Desktop on the server PC.
- Finally, access QuickBooks on each workstation.
Solution 4: Save the Company Files to the Local Hard Drive
You need to save the company files to the local hard drive if the company files are still stored on a removable drive. After that, check whether the QB error 6189 has fixed or not.
The above-mentioned blog contains all the solutions that may help you to fix QuickBooks Error 6189. We hope that you will be able to resolve the issue after applying one of the methods. In case, you are still going through the same issues and getting an QB error 6189 and 816, immediately get in touch with our experts. We have a team of certified and experienced experts who can handle all your issues related to the QuickBooks software. So dial our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.
People also read: