QuickBooks has gained popularity across the globe because of its simple user-interface that is easy to manage even if you don’t have enough technical knowledge. This software also works well when it comes to hande accounting for your business. As we know, many business owners find difficulties while taking care of accounts on daily basis. In such a scenario, you can choose QuickBooks as your software. Well, like any other software, QuickBooks is also responsible for displaying error codes while using it. Today, our target is to draw attention to one such error known as “QuickBooks Error 6177”.
If you are also going through the same and finding out the best solutions, then this article is for you. Let’s look into the definition and the root causes for QuickBooks error -6177.
Defining QuickBooks Error 6177
There can be various instances in which you might confront QuickBooks Error Code 6177 0. One of the main reasons for the error occurrence is “During accessing the QuickBooks company file”. Additionally, while saving the company file from one PC to the other, you may also confront the same error message. Furthermore, if you are running the file locally, this might also cause the QuickBooks error -6177.
After knowing about QuickBooks error code 6177 0, you might be wondering to know more causes behind the same and the solutions to get rid of it. Don’t worry as you can get all the solutions with the probable causes in the following post.
Feasible Causes for QuickBooks Error 6177 0
As we always recommend, you first need to look for the causes behind the error occurrence. And then, find the best solutions on the web accordingly. For your convenience, we have collected all the root causes for QuickBooks error 6177 0 and make a list of them.
- You might get QuickBooks error code 6177 0 while moving the company file from one PC to another.
- If you are failed to access the company file, then this might display the error message.
- Due to the Trojan attack, you may get an error.
- You might get the Error because of a corrupted file path or the company file.
- When you have removed some important support files associated with QuickBooks.
Easy Solutions to deal with QuickBooks Error 6177 0
In this post, you can get all the relevant and easy solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6177. Numerous solutions have been mentioned on the web, but you must aware of the error completely and the root causes for the same. Then, look for relevant and effective solutions accordingly. Now, apply the below-mentioned solutions one after another.
Case 1: When you have the installed the QuickBooks edition on your system
Solution 1: Update your Software
First of all, you should update the software to get rid of any error code since it is one of the main solutions to troubleshoot any issue. If you are still experiencing the same, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Troubleshooting the Company File Path
Step 1: Search for the .ND File
- Firstly, choose File Explorer on the server PC.
- Search for the QuickBooks folder.
- Find the company file that ends with the .ND.
- Finally, right-click on the ND file and tap on Delete.
Step 2: Configuring QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, download & install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Choose the Windows Start Menu on the server PC.
- Then, write “database” and choose Enter.
- Run the QuickBooks Database Manager and click on folder in which the company file has been saved.
- Click on the Start Scan
- click on the close option once scanning process is finished.
- Finally, to share the files, allow the folder permissions.
Also read: Install QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 3: Make a new folder & a Portable File
- First of all, choose File Explorer.
- Now, find the QuickBooks Folder.
- Create a folder on the local C: drive.
- Copy and paste the data into a new folder which you created in c drive.
- Lastly, choose the next step.
To create a portable file, follow the steps written below.
- The first step is to run QuickBooks.
- After that, click on Open or Restore the company.
- Click on open the company file.
- Create a portable file.
- At last, choose the File Menu > Quit QuickBooks.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0?
Solution 4: Saving the File to the Local Hard Drive
- First of all, select the Windows Start Menu and type File Explorer.
- Click on Enter.
- Now, run QuickBooks and press hold the F2 key.
- Search for the company file that ends with the .QBW Extension.
- Enter your location and drive name.
- Lastly, save the company file to the server’s C drive.
Case 2: When you have installed the QuickBooks edition on the system server
Solution 1: Change the Multi-user Hosting Settings
- Firstly, choose the QuickBooks Server System.
- Click on the File Menu following with selecting utilities.
- After that, choose Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Click on Yes.
- Select the File menu and choose Quit QuickBooks.
- Now, run QuickBooks without accessing the company file.
- Choose the File menu and select utilities.
- Select host multi-user access.
- Click on Yes.
- Finally, select file menu and then Quit QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Software yet again
- Firstly, run the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Open or Restore an existing company.
- Select Open a company file.
- Press Next.
- Now, run the portable company file that has been saved to recently created folder.
- At last, check whether you are facing issue.
You can also apply solution no. 3 and 4(Case 1) only when the aforementioned solutions did not work in your case accordingly.
As a final point, we have completed the post on the topic of QuickBooks Error 6177. You first require updating the system before trying to apply any of the solutions. In such a case, you might get stuck in an error while dealing with the QuickBooks error 6177. To prevent yourself from getting stuck in such situations, you may call our experts by ringing us at QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553(Toll-Free). We are ready to assist you at any time whether the issue is related to the error 6177 or your software. Also, you are free to take advice about “How to access the QuickBooks software?”