Trouble-Free Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006
All over the world, QuickBooks is a popular accounting solution because of having numerous features and functionalities. It not only makes accounting tasks more organized but also helps in streamlining work in a better way for any growing business. Furthermore, any of you can easily learn to work on QuickBooks and its amazing features. As we know, no software is free of error code, QuickBooks is not different. There can be circumstances where you may stuck in various errors such as QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006.
Before getting solutions to troubleshoot, it is advisable to understand the root causes of the error occurrence. We are making an effort of providing some effective solutions via this instructive article.
Introducing QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
QuickBooks error codes 6150 1006 might encounter while QuickBooks attempts to launch the company file. Furthermore, when you are trying to access a portable file without launching the software, you might get stuck in the same issue.
According to Intuit Disclosure, while facing QuickBooks error -6150 -1006, you will be notified with a message stating that “An error occurred when QuickBooks attempts to access, create, or use the file”.
What are the indications of QuickBooks Error Codes 6150 1006?
QuickBooks error -6150, -1006 might occur when QuickBooks attempts to create, open, or use the company files. If you want to know more indications of the same error, then you may have a look at the following list containing all the symptoms.
- Using an old version of QuickBooks accounting software might be the reason behind QuickBooks error code 6150 1006.
- If you are getting QuickBooks error -6150, -1006 frequently on the screen, this is also an indication for the error occurrence.
- When the Windows is not responding to each input of the mouse or keyboard.
- The PC starts to freeze again and again while trying to run the company file.
- You can’t access the file on another device.
Also read: How to Remove QuickBooks Error 6190?
What are the causes behind QuickBooks Error Code 6150 1006?
You are recommended to go through the following list that contains all the reasons for the error occurrence. For the additional inquiry, consult to our professionals.
- Because of an incomplete or corrupted installation of QuickBooks, QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006 takes place.
- Due to any malware or virus, your company file starts affecting.
- A wrong file extension might give rise to QuickBooks error 6150 1006.
- Error might arise at the time of saving the QuickBooks Macintosh file.
- While launching a portable file without accessing the software.
Effective Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
Generally, QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006 states that the company files might have some issues. After knowing the root causes for the same, it becomes essential to troubleshoot the error code to make the software free of issues. Let’s check out all the below-mentioned solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Restoring a backup company file
Make sure that the backup of the company file has been saved on the local hard drive. Now, follow these steps to restore the company file backup.
- Firstly, choose the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Now, choose Restore a backup copy and press Next.
- You need to select Local Backup and press Next.
- Next, browse your computer where the QuickBooks backup file(.QBB) is saved.
- Then select and open the file followed by clicking next.
- Now once you’re done with that, visit the save in drop down menu and browse for a preferred location for restoring the backup file
- Type a new company file name and check if it’s automatically saving in .qbw format or not.
- Click save andnowselect yes to replace it with the existing one.
- At last type yes to confirm the rewriting process.
Solution 2: Verify for Crypto Wall
Crypto Wall virus and other malicious software might be one of the reasons behind QuickBooks error -6150 -1006. This may also stop you from continuing to work on QuickBooks. Follow these steps to check your Crypto Wall.
- Firstly, choose the Windows Start menu and write File Explorer in the search box.
- Press enter.
- Now, you need to run the file Explorer.
- Look for the QuickBooks folder that is generally saved on the C” Drive.
- Search for the files that consist of words such as “instructions”, or “decrypt”.
- At last, if you are unable to get such files containing such words, this indicates your PC is working fine.
Also refer: How can we resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6176?
Solution 3: Use Auto Data Recovery tool
- The initial step is to create the new folder naming it as QB Test.
- After that, access the company file folder.
- Now, you have to copy the .TLG file from the company file folder.
- paste it into the QB test folder.
- Next, access the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery Folder in company file folder.
- Copy the .QBW.adr file and paste it into the same QB Test folder.
- Select Rename by right-clicking on the .QBW.adr file.
- You need to delete .adr from the end of the company file name.
- Now, go to the QB Test folder and access the company file.
- Finally, launch Utilities under the file tab and select verify data to check if error still persists.
Solution 4: Creating a new Desktop file from Scratch
- First of all, launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, create a new company by accessing the No Company Open Window.
- Choose the QuickBooks setup window.
- Fill in all the required information.
- Once you’re done with that, click Create Company option.
- Finally, create a chart of accounts, customers, and services etc.
Solution 5: Using the Clean Install tool to reinstall QuickBooks
- Firstly, go to the Start button and click on Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall or change a program.
- Next, select the QuickBooks icon and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Now install the QB clean install tool and access it.
- Select the I Accept and continue option and press Continue.
- Choose OK to install QuickBooks in the PC.
- Once the installation process gets completed, open QuickBooks.
We expect that the above post has proved to be fruitful for you in terms of resolving QuickBooks Error 6150 1006. You may find such error codes to be time taken and difficult to fix. If you are new to handle such technical issues, then you can contact our team that is quite proficient in taking care of any version of QuickBooks. Our certified professionals are available at all times for providing technical support. Also, they will tell you what to do and make it easier to understand the advanced steps while fixing an error. Feel free to hire one of our technicians by dialing QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-808-374-3003.
People also read