How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
QuickBooks is great accounting software that helps many owners to manage their business. But, like any other great applications and software, QuickBooks also displays errors and bugs occasionally. One of these errors is QuickBooks Error 6144 82 that might occur because of numerous reasons. The same error mostly occurs while opening any type of company file which is used by any other application. Additionally, you may face it while opening the company file with some program running in the background.
Today, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error 6144 82 in detail along with its causes and solutions. So stay connected with us via this useful blog.
What is QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
The main reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6144 82 is the “wrong setting of the configured system”. Well, you can resolve it easily by following some of the easy methods. In this article, we have tried to explain all of them for your convenience. To know more about the error, you first need to go through form its symptoms and causes that have been listed below.
Signs and Effects of QuickBooks Error -6144, -82
- Your QuickBooks might not start, or can suddenly stop working.
- When QuickBooks error code 6144 82 message pops up, it crashes or stops every other application running on the device.
- Your computer may hang and get stuck running the same application for hours.
- Windows run late or hang a lot.
- The system may crash the program giving QuickBooks error -6144, -82 while using the same program.
Causes of the Error
Many times, when a customer opens a file which is used by other application, this message pops up “QuickBooks Error -6144, -82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close”. So why does this happen?
- Incomplete or inappropriate download of QuickBooks.
- This is because QuickBooks Network Data file (.ND) and/or Transaction Log file (.TLG) are damaged and need to be replaced.
- This error also occurs when a network descriptive file uses an ill path to access your company file on QuickBooks.
- Sometimes when the customer is using incompatible windows with the current QuickBooks or the windows is corrupt, and then also this error appears.
- The hard disk of your PC might be malfunctioning resulting in the deletion of some data and files.
- Change in network settings denying access to the files might cause an error.
Also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123?
Solutions for the issue “Error 6144 82”
Well, it is not difficult to handle error code. We are giving some easy solutions that give you a clear idea of how to deal with the QuickBooks error code (-6144, -82). Now, you may proceed further to apply the given solutions respectively:
Solution 1: Repair Windows Registry
- First of all, Click the Start option and type “Command” in the search box.
- Hold CTRL + Shift keys together and press Enter.
- A window with permission dialog box will appear, click on Yes
- You will get a black box with blinking cursor on the screen.
- You need to write “Regedit” and press Enter.
- Choose QuickBooks Error 6144 82 in the Registry Editor.
- After that, go to the File menu and choose Export.
- Choose the folder where you have to save the backup key.
- Give a name to the saved backup key in the File Name option.
- Make sure that you have selected the “Selected branch”.
- You are required to save the file with a .reg file extension.
- Finally, the backup of the QuickBooks registry entry has been created.
Solution 2: Re-title the .TLG and .ND files
- First of all, go to the company files location and select files that end with .TLG and .ND extension.
- Right-click the .ND file and rename it and save it with .OLD extension.
- Similar steps will be performed to change the .TLG extension files with .OLD extension.
- Launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager thereafter.
- To run that, Click the start option and click on Programs.
- Now select QuickBooks. And then, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Next, you need to select the folder where the file has been saved.
- Finally, scan the folder and launch the file.
Also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190?
Solution 3: Run the Windows Repair Tool
- Firstly, you need to download the Windows application tool.
- After that, install and launch the application tool.
- Next, choose Scan Now to resolve and detect all the issues occurring on the software.
- Finally, choose Repair All to troubleshoot the issues.
Solution 4: Set the User Permission
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and choose the Company option.
- Go to the Users and select Set up Users & Roles.
- After that enter the password to run the information.
- Go to the user list now and choose the Username.
- Lastly, you have to change the role according to your need.
We hope that you have got all the required solutions to deal with QuickBooks Error 6144 82. You are recommended to apply all the above-mentioned solutions one after another. And if you are new to deal with such technical issues, we suggest hiring an expert who can handle such issues on your behalf. However, you can get in touch with our team of certified and experienced experts who know the exact ways to deal with such QuickBooks-related error codes. For this, you can ring us on QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-833-526-7846.