Have you got stuck while updating the software to the latest edition? If yes, this could be a sign of QuickBooks Error 404. Well, if you are using the QuickBooks application for a long time, then you may know that this software frequently shows error codes and bugs such as QuickBooks update error 404. You might encounter the same issue while installing or updating the QuickBooks Software.
We always recommend tracking the reason behind the issue you are dealing with. In a similar way, you first need to search for the reasons behind QuickBooks update error. This will help you to terminate the error efficiently and then, try to find out the simple ways to troubleshoot the same error code instantly via this post.
What is QuickBooks Error 404?
You might confront QuickBooks error code 404 while updating the QuickBooks version to the latest edition or installing the QuickBooks software. In addition to this, you may get the error during syncing with the Intuit server. At this time, you might encounter one of the following messages:
- QuickBooks Update Error 404
- Service message error 404
- QuickBooks Error 404
- Error 404 pages not found
Moreover, you should know that any disruption or failure in the internet service may also lead to the error 404. Now, you may look forward to get familiar with some indications for QuickBooks Error Code 404.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 404
The error can be displayed due to numerous reasons. Here are all the prime symptoms for it. Let’s endeavor them one by one:
- Due to a crash in the active program window.
- When your PC shuts down accidentally, this indicates you are facing the error code 404.
- If you are failed to run the webpage or unable to find it on the server, this is also a sign for the QuickBooks update error 404.
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Error 404
Due to the error code 404, you will not be able to continue working on the QuickBooks application. Because it will not let you to update the software to the latest version. You are recommended to go through the following list of all the possible causes for the error 404 QuickBooks.
- When the installation of the QuickBooks application is corrupt or incomplete, then you have to face this error.
- Due to virus or malware attack.
- When the Windows system registry is corrupted, this may also be the reason for the error.
- If you have mistakenly deleted any of the QuickBooks-related programs, this also encounters QuickBooks update error 404.
All possible methods to troubleshoot the issue
You can easily deal with QuickBooks error 404 by attempting numerous solutions. However, we have listed some of the probable fixes for the same error code. You only have to apply them one by one to resolve Error 404 QuickBooks
Solution 1: Update & Repair QuickBooks Software
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks application and go to the Help menu.
- You need to choose Update QuickBooks Desktop to update the software.
- Launch the company file and check whether you are still getting the error code 404 or not.
- In case, you are still going through the QuickBooks error 404, then follow the steps written below:
- Press and hold Windows + R simultaneously.
- After that, you need to write Appwiz.cpl and press OK.
- Open the list of Installed Programs and choose QuickBooks from it.
- And then, you are required to select Repair.
- After that, wait till the process gets finished.
- Finally, check whether you are getting the error code 404 or not.
Solution 2: Edit the PC settings
- Firstly, you need to log out of the QB company file.
- Shut down QuickBooks.
- After that, you need to update the Windows and start the operating system.
- Choose Internet Explorer and select Tools.
- After that, you have to select Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab and verify the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 have been selected.
- Next, you need to press OK.
- You are required to close all the program and press Windows + R
- Then, write MSConfig and press OK.
- Go to the General tab and select Startup.
- After that, you have to select Selective Startup and press Ok.
- Finally, restart your system
Solution 3: Edit the Internet Connection Settings
- Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer.
- After that, click on Tools and select Internet Options.
- Then, you are required to go to the Security tab and select Trusted Sites.
- Choose Sites and type trusted sites.
- After that, you need to press OK.
- Click on the Close option and press OK.
- And then, you need to log out of the QuickBooks company file.
- Finally, you have to open QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Correct your Bandwidth Latency
- First of all, you need to launch the Website on the Internet Explorer browser.
- After that, if you are facing any issues while launching the URL, you need to refresh the internet settings.
- You have to switch off only when you are facing a message “Connect to the Internet” or “Page can’t be displayed”.
- If you are unable to launch a URL, you should connect with your internet service provider.
- Save Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Lastly, update your software.
The above-mentioned solutions will surely guide in troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 404. We recommend checking the error status after applying every solution. We hope that you will be able to deal with this error code on your own. Though, if you are still experiencing the same error code and find difficulties in resolving the error single-handedly, then contact our team and hire one of our experts. To contact our technicians, you have to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-808-374-3003(Toll-Free).