If you are also one of such users who are going through QuickBooks Update Error 15270, then read this article carefully. Here, we are covering all the root causes behind the error as well as providing you with simple solutions to get rid of the same.
Defining QuickBooks Error 15270
QuickBooks error code 15270 is generally an update error that comes across while updating QuickBooks payroll. Additionally, you may get the same issue while installing Windows Operating System. Numerous reasons might give rise to the error code 15270 as well as hamper your business activities. You might get notified with an error message “Error 15270: The Payroll Update has not been completed successfully”.
Further, we have tried to make a complete list of all the root causes behind the same error.
Causes behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Update Error 15270
You might face the QuickBooks update error 15270 due to numerous reasons just like all the other error codes. You need to identify the causes carefully to fix the issue simultaneously. Below we have provided a list containing all the causes that might be the reason behind the error.
- You may face the error 15270 QuickBooks because of accessing all the active programs on the Desktop window.
- The PC crashes frequently at the time of accessing the same application.
- Due to an incomplete installation of QuickBooks Software.
- When you have turned on UAC (User Account Control) that usually blocks the internet connection.
- Because of the corrupted Windows programs.
- A poor internet connection may also lead to QuickBooks update error 15270.
Simple Methods to troubleshoot the update error
Now, you have learned the root causes of the QuickBooks error 15270 and aware of what exactly caused the error. At this moment, you should select the appropriate solutions to fix the same. If for any reason, you can’t detect the solutions, instantly dial our toll-free number +1-888-660-0607 to get in touch with our team.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Payroll
- First of all, restart the QuickBooks application.
- Open the QuickBooks Update Service Option and choose the Install Later option.
- After that, go to the Help option and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Click on Update Now.
- Select Reset Updates then, choose the Get Updates option.
- Now, choose OK to confirm the reset.
- Once the update process gets finished in your system, a message will pop-up as Update Complete.
- Click on Install Now.
- And then, find the Employees tab and tap on the Get Payroll Updates option.
- You need to install the payroll updates by selecting the Download entire payroll update option.
- Finally, choose Update.
Also Read: What is QuickBooks Used For?
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Firstly, shut down the QuickBooks solution.
- Now, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub file.
- Meanwhile, launch the downloaded file and follow the on-going instructions to accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, double-tap on the tool hub icon and use it to resolve the error 15270 QuickBooks.
- Go to the Tools hub and choose the Program Problems.
- Finally, select the Quick Fix my Program.
Method 3: Access the Reboot.bat File
- The first step is to turn off the QuickBooks software.
- Launch the folder that contains the Reboot.bat File.
- Now, right-tap on the QuickBooks option and click on Properties.
- After that, choose the Open File Location option and right-click on the reboot.bat file.
- Choose Run as System Administrator.
- Now, a black window will pop up on the screen that will close automatically after the file utility gets completed.
- Finally, restart the PC.
Method 4: Use Correct Employee Identification Number
Sometimes, QuickBooks error code 15270 might be encountered because of entering the wrong employee identification number. Make sure to enter the correct number to continue working on the QuickBooks company file. This might happen because of entering the social security number or an service key incorrectly.
Method 5: Use Internet Explorer as the Default App
You might confront the QuickBooks error 15270 because of not using Internet Explorer as the default app. It is mandatory to use Internet Explorer as the default app by Intuit. Here are the steps to do so.
- Firstly, choose the App Defaults in the search option.
- Now, search for the Web Browser.
- Finally, choose the Internet Explorer option as the default app.
Method 6: Download QuickBooks in Selective Startup
- First of all, ensure that your subscription is in the active state.
- After that, go to the Employees option and choose the My Payroll Service option.
- Now, click on Account / Billing information.
- Meanwhile, you have to sign-in to the Intuit Account and verify the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance subscription and page.
- And that, check that you are using Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Turn off the User Account Control option and click on Repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, choose the Selective Startup option to run the clean installation procedure.
Method 7: Turn-off User Account Control
For Windows 7, 8 OS
- Firstly, press and hold Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch the Run box.
- After that, write Control Panel in the Run box and press Enter.
- Go to the User Accounts and choose User Accounts.
- Tap on the Change User Account Control Settings option following right click on it.
- Finally, select the Never Notify option and press Ok.
Also Refer: Let’s resolve QuickBooks Error 15101 as well
Steps to turn off UAC for Windows Vista OS
- Firstly, choose the Windows Start menu option.
- Select the Control Panel and then, double-tap on the User Accounts.
- After that, select turn user account control as ON or OFF.
- Choose Ok and restart the PC.
- Finally, restart the QuickBooks application and access the file.
To Sum up
The methods provided in the aforementioned post will surely resolve QuickBooks Error 15270. There might be chances when you seek the help of our professionals to understand the steps. But, you don’t need to fret at all as this blog will help you to make the software free of issues. If you are getting stuck while dealing with the error code 15270 or want to get some additional solutions, immediately dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553. So ring us now to get instant technical support.
People also love reading