QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software in today’s market and has gained popularity across the globe. This software contains lots of features and functionalities that make the software unique and easy to use. However, like all other accounting and financial software, QuickBooks also runs into various error codes and bugs. QuickBooks error 15222 is one of them that can be annoying and frustrating sometimes. As we all know, updating the software is an essential task to avail of its latest features and technologies. But, this error code restricts to update QuickBooks to the latest version. As a result, you will not be able to use the latest features of the QuickBooks Desktop. But, you don’t need to take stress at all. Go through this article till you fix the QuickBooks update error on your own.
Introduction: QuickBooks Error 15222
QuickBooks error 15222 displays on your screen when you are failed to download an update for the QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll service. To resolve the same error, you first need to aware of its causes that may give rise to the error 15222. Here, we are explaining the possible causes and troubleshooting solutions for resolving the same issue. Additionally, you may encounter the QuickBooks error 15222 while launching the company files. We recommend you to go further and learn more about the error in order to fix it immediately.
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Error 15222
The error 15222 QuickBooks may also pop up on the screen when the Internet Explorer function fails to register a digital signature. Below is a list of all the probable causes that might be the reasons behind the error code 15222:
- Due to antimalware, Antispyware, and anti-adware software.
- The anti-virus software might also be the reason behind the error code.
- If you have not set the default browser to Internet Explorer, QuickBooks error code 15222 takes place.
- When you have registered digital signatures, you might encounter the error 15222 QuickBooks because of Internet Explorer.
Solutions to resolve the Error
Here are the solutions that can be applied to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15222. In case, you face any issue, contact our technical team to get instant assistance.
Solution 1: Installation of a digital signature certificate:
- Firstly, you have to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, run the Digital signature tab and find out the following path.
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks to find QBW32.exe.
- And then, you are required to choose QBW32.exe.
- Select Properties and again, go to the Digital Signature tab.
- You are required to choose Intuit Inc. in the signature list.
- Choose Details.
- You have to click on View Certificate under the Digital Signature Details window.
- Go to the Certificate window and click on Install Certificate.
- Choose Next and restart the computer.
- Finally, you need to start QuickBooks again and update it.
Also read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15227?
Solution 2: Correct the Internet Explorer Settings
The incorrect setting of Internet Explorer is also a reason behind the error 15222 QuickBooks. Hence, we advised to make the Internet Explorer’s settings correct.
- Firstly, you are required to set the default browser to Internet Explorer.
- After that, change the date and time of your PC accordingly.
- Next, check the Cipher Strength.
- Go to the Internet Options and click on tools.
- After that, update the settings.
- Remove the internet files that are not required.
- Again, you have to go to the Connections tab and choose LAN settings.
- Next, tick the box that will be present on the right side of Automatically Detect Settings.
- After that, you need to mark the options SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Finally, verify that the issue has been fixed or not.
Solution 3: In case of having anti-adware, antimalware, antispyware, or antivirus software
If you’re using any antispyware or antimalware, make sure that it is updated in order to allow below exception.
- qbw.exe processes and qbupdate.exe.
- QuickBooks.com, Payroll.com, and Intuit.com.
To sum up
Expectantly, you have fixed QuickBooks Error 15222 after relying on the aforementioned article. We have tried our best to explain all the possible methods that can be used to troubleshoot the same error code. However, if none of the solutions work in resolving the issue, don’t fret. Another way to get rid of this issue is to get connected with our team of certified experts by dialing QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553. We will resolve all your issues associated with QuickBooks in no time.
People also read: