Troubleshooting Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15107
QuickBooks is extraordinary financial and accounting software that is appropriate for small and mid-sized businesses. Moreover, the excellent features of QuickBooks make it an amazing solution among the business owners. Likewise, QuickBooks payroll is an add-on feature that you can integrate with QuickBooks. But, while updating this latest update, you may get stuck into an error code and your screen displays a message “QuickBooks Error 15107”.
During every fall season, Intuit releases a new updated version of their Payroll software, to avail the latest features users need to download and install this updated version. If there are no possible errors then your software will be downloaded smoothly, if not this particular message will show up. Error messages 15103, 15104, 15105 and error message 15106 come hand in hand while dealing with QuickBooks Error 15107. But in this article, we will be dealing only with code 15107.
What is QuickBooks error 15107?
QuickBooks update error 15107 is a very common error that usually shows up while you are updating QuickBooks. The main error message that this shows is ‘The update programme cannot be initialized’. QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107 is basically shown in the payroll version of QuickBooks and thus this error is also known as the Payroll error 15107.
Due to QuickBooks error 15107, your computer may shut down immediately or you will be unable to work on payroll. So it becomes mandatory to resolve this error code instantly. Here, we are covering the causes behind the error 15107 along with feasible solutions to fix the same.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15107:
- If QuickBooks version that you have has faulty registration then this error message might go off. That is the windows registry entries are damaged.
- Often this error message is triggered if you are using a Windows registry cleaner like RegCure.
- If the updates that you have downloaded faulty, then QuickBooks update error 15107 may appear.
Also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15227?
Effects of the Error:
- The most likely effect of this error message is that you will not be able to download the new updated version of QuickBooks payroll and even if you do it won’t work well.
- Also, there is another possibility that any of the following error codes such as 15103, 15104, 15105 or 15106 might go off.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 15107?
There are five possible cures for this situation. If the cause of the error is faulty registry entries then you need to use the first solution. And if the cause of this error is a Windows registry cleaner then the second solution is your best bet.
Solution 1: Restart your system
The first solution in order to get rid of the Error 15107 QuickBooks is to restart your computer. You have to restart the QuickBooks and the system. Sometimes, this method helps you to remove the error code from the screen. By doing so, you can work on QuickBooks without having any error codes.
In case, you are still getting QuickBooks error code 15107, then proceed further to apply the ext. solution.
Also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222?
Solution 2: Update the QuickBooks Software
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks software.
- Access the following path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Intuit\QuickBooks<version>\Components.
- Look for the “DownloadQBxx” folder (xx stands for QuickBooks version).
- Rename the folder by adding .OLD of the folder.
- Access QuickBooks and choose the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks and choose Update Now.
- Click on Reset the Updates.
- Now, select Get Updates in order to download the latest updates.
- Finally, access the application again and choose Install the updates.
If the above solution did not resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107, then apply the next solution.
Solution 3: Check your Firewall settings and Security
- Firstly, verify the date and time on the system only when the system is not showing the right time.
- Verify your Network Strength.
- Finally, go to Internet and Tools to update the settings.
Solution 4: Access Reboot.bat File
- First of all, press Windows key from your keyboard.
- Now, open the search box and type reboot.bat
- Click on Enter.
- You have to view the command prompt windows.
- Ensure not to shut down the system forcefully that may create a serious issue.
- Finally, shut down the system.
Solution 5: Do Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- Firstly, you require downloading the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Then, save the tool on your desktop.
- Now, launch the setup file and run the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file.
- On the license agreement, choose I Accept.
- Click on the Continue tab and press OK.
Here, we are concluding our article regarding QuickBooks Error 15107. As a result, updating QuickBooks payroll is essential to be performed so that you can avail of the latest features. Undoubtedly, one of the above-mentioned solutions will resolve the payroll error 15107. If you cannot fix the error by applying all the solutions on your own, then connect with our team.
If you are not able to resolve the error, dial QuickBooks premier support phone number +1-808-374-3003 and get your problem solved.
People also read: