QuickBooks accounting solution plays an ideal role when it comes to handling financial records and filing tax returns. Though, this software is nowhere back in displaying error codes while using it. You might face various types of technical glitches while accessing this software. QuickBooks Error 1402 is one of them that can get encountered while installing the latest updates to the software. The blockage in your PC security settings may give rise to the error 1402.
To resolve such technical glitches, you can either go through this post or simply ring us to get instant technical assistance.
Introducing QuickBooks Error 1402
The QuickBooks error code 1402 encounters while installing updates to the QuickBooks application. Additionally, you might get this error code when the installation of the QuickBooks related components are improper or damaged. While facing the same issue, you will be notified of a message “Failed to Open Key”. An inappropriate installation of the components might also give rise to the error 1402 QuickBooks. Below, we have provided you some instant and easy solutions that will help you to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1402.
What may cause QuickBooks Error 1402?
After understanding the issue, you need to learn all the root causes behind it. So you can resolve it accordingly or hire an expert by getting in touch with our team.
- You might get encountered by QuickBooks error code 1402 because of a damaged Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Due to the damaged Microsoft MSXML and C++ files, the error 1402 QuickBooks may take place.
- Issues related to Windows may also lead to the error occurrence.
- When you have not done a proper installation of QuickBooks, this may give rise to the error 1402 QuickBooks.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1402?
We all know, QuickBooks error codes are not easy to handle just by following some solutions. Sometimes, users might get stuck in big issues while attempting such methods available online. To fix all such issues, you can call us at any time or apply the following solutions by yourself.
Also read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1603?
Solution 1: Updating Windows
- Gristly, click on the Start option and go to the Settings.
- And then, tap on Update & Security.
- Choose the Windows Update section and click on Check for Updates.
- Now, you have to install the updates.
- Lastly, start the system again.
Solution 2: Utilizing the system in Selective Startup
- Firstly, press Windows + R keys together to launch the run box.
- Write MSCONFIG in the Run command and press Enter.
- After that, choose the general tab and choose Selective Startup.
- Next, click on OK and select Restart.
- Lastly, perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
Also read: How to fix QuickBooks has stopped working?
Solution 3: Validating the Microsoft MSXML Settings
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the run box.
- And then, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Click on MSXML 6.0 and select uninstall.
- Now, download the msxml.msi file through the Microsoft Website.
- And then, follow all the on-screen prompts displaying on the screen.
- Lastly, reinstall the QuickBooks software.
Solution 4: Change the settings of Microsoft .NET Framework
- Firstly, press and hold Windows + R keys altogether and type in control panel in run box
- Now, choose Programs.
- Next, click on Programs & Features.
- Select Turn Windows Features on or off.
- And then, unmark .NET Framework 3.5 and start the system again.
- Finally, follow on-screen prompts to complete the process.
To sum up
Excitedly, one of the solutions has guided you well regarding QuickBooks Error 1402. Sometimes, it can be seen that some users will be unable to fix it alone and find other alternatives. If you are also stuck in the same situation and unable to find any solution, call our technicians by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553. We will try our best to provide you with the best solutions as soon as possible and be in touch with you throughout the whole process.
People also read