QuickBooks accounting software has proved to a perfect solution when it comes to handling business finances. QuickBooks can be smooth operating software as long as it has been properly installed with all the pre-requisite conditions fulfilled. After having lots of amazing features and functionalities, it is nowhere back in displaying error codes. You can confront various error codes occasionally. Like QuickBooks Error 1321 get displayed while updating the software or composing a fresh file. The message is “Error 1321: the installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file”. This hinders with the software capability to write a new file and also indicate concerns with system’s permissions to retrieve files and error in updating.
What is QuickBooks Error 1321?
QuickBooks error code 1321 comes across when the installer is unable to write any file due to the lack of permissions. Moreover, you may deal with the same error code at the time of updating the privileges for QuickBooks error codes without any hassles. An incomplete installation of QuickBooks may also cause error 1321 QuickBooks.
Before going to find out the procedure to deal with QuickBooks error 1321, you first need to know the root causes for the same. You may proceed to understand all the under-mentioned causes for error code 1321.
Sources of QuickBooks Error 1321
This is a curated list of causes that most error forms in QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Error Code 1321, may share in most cases. This also has the characteristic reasons listed as well.
- File in error is in use or corrupted.
- The update process is much quicker than the file copy process.
- Firewall setting restricts the Permission of Access to file by QuickBooks.
- Anti-virus or Anti-malware programs may be stalling the setting up of updates.
See also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1722?
Solution to fix QuickBooks Error 1321 issue Hands-on
Following instructions should be feasible enough to execute and fix QuickBooks Error Code 1321. These are also commended by the parent company Inuit and can be followed in 3 Parts-
Solution 1: Make a new user account
- First of all, choose the Start option.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on Users/Accounts.
- Tap on New User.
- Give a new title to the account and remember to set it as an Admin.
- Choose the Create Account option and Log Out of the account that is in use.
- Finally, log in to your account again.
Solution 2: Updating insufficient User Privileges
On Windows XP:
- First of all, shut down the system and access it again after 1o minutes.
- Press the F8 key and choose “Safe Mode with Networking”.
- Go to the Enter tab and follow the instructions in the Windows XP Professionals.
- Choose the System option under the “Group or User Names” tap and click on Full Control.
- After that, go to the Security tab and select the Advanced option.
- Finally, select Replace Permission Entries and press Ok.
On Windows XP Professionals:
- First of all, hold Windows + E to open Windows Explorer.
- After that, launch the folder where you are experiencing error code 1321.
- Go to the path C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\Acrobatconnect.cfg.
- Then, right-click on the folder and choose Properties.
- Choose the Security tab and select Administrators for “Group or User Names.
Solution 3: Turn off Antivirus
- Firstly, you should have the installation of any security software or “temporarily disable the antivirus” in your system.
- Turn off antivirus and install the latest update of the software.
- And then, click on Download & Install.
- Finally, reactivate the antivirus or any other security software that you have turned off.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
This tool has been specially designed to rectify error codes that take place during the installation of the software.
- Firstly, download the software from the official website of Intuit.
- After that, access the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool on your PC to resolve QuickBooks error code 1321.
- Finally, this tool will diagnose all issues occurring on the software.
Solution 5: Correct Windows Permissions
- Firstly, press and hold Windows + R to access the Run box.
- Click on the path that has QuickBooks program files.
- Finally, press the Enter key and choose the path according to your QuickBooks version.
This is a detailed list of troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 1321 recommended by Inuit itself. You can get all the required aspects of the same issue in the above article. We always recommend updating the software before applying the given solutions. If you find any issues while updating the QuickBooks application or applying the solutions, you are free to call us at any time. You just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553 and speak to QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Also check out