QuickBooks is a widely-used accounting software all over the world for managing business-related activities. If you are also managing a small or mid-sized business, you should be aware of QuickBooks. However, this accounting software is nowhere back in showing error codes and technical glitches. Although, Intuit has introduced a tool i.e. QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve such issues that persist occasionally in QuickBooks.
If you are also looking for a complete guide on QuickBooks Diagnostic tool, this post is for you. We are adding all the relevant information regarding the same tool in this article.
What is the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is mainly used for resolving QuickBooks installation errors, errors related to Microsoft components, file corruption issues, etc. Now, you don’t need to fret at the time of facing installation errors in QuickBooks as the QB diagnostic tool can automatically detect the issue and resolve it. This tool is also used to resolve issues related to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++. To get a detailed view of the same tool, move ahead and read the whole post carefully.
Common errors that you can fix using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Further, we are going to write down all the possible errors that can be fixed using the diagnostic tool. To get detailed information on the tool, be connected with us via this informative post. Now, let’s check out the following list of errors.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1603.
- Issues related to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework.
- C++ Issues
- Errors associated with ‘QuickBooks stopped working or QB unrecoverable errors.’
- QB Error 1935.
- QuickBooks Error Code 1402.
- Error 1904 QuickBooks.
Benefits of installing the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
It is crucial to know ‘why you need to install the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool?’ Here, we are discussing the important facts that will clear all your doubts regarding the tool.
- One of the main reasons to install the tool on your system is ‘it automatically detects the issues and resolves them.’
- It is a proficient tool.
- Helpful in resolving all types of QuickBooks installation errors.
- Various issues can be handled by accessing the QB install tool.
Once you have got the advantages of the diagnostic tool, you might be worried to get the steps to install the same. Below, you can find out the complete steps for installing the tool.
Also read : Complete overview of QuickBooks Tool Hub
How can you download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
Follow the steps written below in order to download and install the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
- The first step is to choose the Download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool option.
- Set up and save the file on the desktop.
- Now, a QBInstall _tool_v2.exe will appear on the screen.
- You need to close all the apps that are running in the background.
- After that, double-tap on the QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file.
- Restart the system and ensure that you are connected to a proper internet.
- Shut down all other apps.
- Finally, let the QuickBooks diagnostic tool detects the issues and resolves them automatically. And then, reboot the system.
How to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
Check out the following solutions to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. You can follow up on the following steps to perform the same. In case, you face any difficulty while applying these steps, get connected with our professionals.
- Firewall status
This tab involves all the basic instructions about the Firewall.
- Check your connectivity
It includes the area that permits you to check all the workstation connectivity.
Steps to check the connectivity.
- First of all, choose the option present next to the Company File field where the company file needs to be placed.
- Choose a Linux system if you have a proper internet connection. And, select change the hosting server check box.
- Diagnose Connection tab
Under this tab, you can test the system and set up the company data file that can be accessed from a PC.
Also read : What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
How to resolve QB Installation Errors using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
Given below are the complete steps to fix installation errors by accessing the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
Step 1: Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it on the desktop.
- Launch the downloaded file and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Now, choose Next to accept terms and conditions.
- Finally, launch the tool hub by clicking on the icon.
Step 2: Access the QB Install Tool using QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First of all, launch the tool hub and open Windows search.
- Now, click Installation Issues and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, choose the QBInstall tool to launch it automatically.
- Finally, access the tool and reboot the system.
Step 3: Updating Windows
- It is required to update your Windows to the latest release.
- Now, restart the system.
- If no error persists while accessing the company file, you can start working on QuickBooks.
- And if, you are still facing QB installation issues, install the software again.
Step 4: Resolve Windows components
Repair Microsoft .NET Framework
Here are the steps to repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET for Windows 10, 8.1, and 8
- To begin with, shut down all the running applications.
- Now, launch the Windows start menu and write Control Panel.
- After that, choose the Programs and Features option.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Turn Windows features on or off options.
- Finally, enable .Net Framework 3.5.
Repair Microsoft MSXML (For 64-Bit Operating System)
- Open the Windows start menu and write CMD in the search bar.
- After that, choose Run as Administrator.
- Enter the cd\windows\syswow64 command at the C: prompt.
- Write regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and choose the Enter key.
- Finally, install QuickBooks on your system.
Step 5: Install QuickBooks Desktop using Selective Startup
Steps to launch the PC in selective startup mode
- The initial step is to write MSConfig in the search bar and choose the programs and files option.
- Press and hold the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open MSConfig.
- After that, click selective startup and go to the services tab.
- Now, select hide all Microsoft services and select disable all tab.
- You need to unmark the hide all Microsoft services checkbox and make sure to select the windows installer checkbox.
- Finally, choose OK and restart the system configuration window.
Reinstalling QB in selective startup mode
- First of all, press Ctrl + R to open Control Panel.
- After that, write MSconfig and press OK.
- Choose the selective startup option after opening the general tab.
- Now, click hide all MS and choose Disable.
- Go to the list of services and mark the installer.
- And then, choose the heading after selecting the OK tab.
- Again, start the system configuration and restart the PC.
- Finally, reinstall the application using the clean installation procedure.
Come to End!
By now, you might be well versed with the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and will be able to fix the QuickBooks installation errors successfully. There might be probabilities of confronting issues at the time of downloading & installing the diagnostic tool. If you face same issue, make a call us at a tool-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number. We have a team of certified technicians who have complete knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software and its advanced tools.
People also check