We all know QuickBooks consists of many advanced tools that may help you in resolving different types of issues associated with the software, QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is one of such tools. Today, we are here to talk about the same tool in detail via this instructive article.
This article includes the complete information on QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool that will be useful to download, install, and use to resolve all your issues.
Defining: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic is used to get rid of issues associated with C ++, .NET framework, and MSXML. Additionally, this tool can be used to install the latest updates to Windows. If you are experiencing issues while accessing the company file, resolve it manually by accessing the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
You must be aware of the most effective version of the diagnostic tool i.e. 4.0 version that is available on Intuit’s website. This version is the most powerful and advanced tool to deal with a wide range of QuickBooks-related issues.
Benefits of installing QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic comes up with numerous advantages and functionalities. Here, we are exploring some of the benefits of using the diagnostic tool.
- QB diagnostic tool assists you in diagnosing various errors associated with QuickBooks errors that may appear during the installation of software.
- You can get the assistance of this tool in resolving numerous QuickBooks error codes.
- It saves a lot of your time and effort and eases the procedure of dealing with QuickBooks-related issues and bugs.
- This tool helps you in resolving all unexpected errors and multi-user issues related to QuickBooks.
See also : What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Issues fixed by the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Here, we are listing all the possible errors and issues that you can resolve using the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- When you don’t have permission to access QuickBooks Database, use the connection tool.
- Improperly configured Windows firewall
- Customer list and black vendor in QuickBooks.
- Missing entries from the Employees List.
- Corrupted/Damaged or missing QuickBooks Company files issues.
- Issues related to Windows Firewall.
- All unexpected errors may get resolved using the connection diagnostic tool.
- The connection diagnostic tool is used to resolve the issue, where some entries have been made by the employees but not get updated on QuickBooks.
- A damaged or corrupted QuickBooks file might get fixed by using the connection diagnostic tool.
- You can resolve all multi-user errors associated with QuickBooks.
What are the steps to download & install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
After understanding the diagnostic tool, you might be looking for the steps to download it. Below, we have provided you with the complete steps to perform the same. If you want any additional information, get in touch with our experts.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Intuit and tap on QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, save the downloaded file on your system.
- Launch the installer named QBInstall_tool_vs.exe
- Next, close all the running applications and reboot the system.
- Ensure that you have a proper internet connection.
- Close all the backend running applications.
- Lastly, follow all the ongoing instructions to install the tool.
After downloading the tool, check out the following list to apply the steps to install it.
- The first need to make sure that you have no other version of the QuickBooks diagnostic tool installed on your system.
- Go to the OEM website to download the tool and then double-tap on the tool icon.
- After that, follow the ongoing instructions to complete the installation.
- Click Next when the ‘Welcome to the QB connection tool setup wizard’ window displays on your screen.
- Again, select Next to select the Installation folder.
- Choose I agree to the license agreement.
- If you are working on Windows 10, ensure that the .NET framework has been configured properly.
- Next, wait until the file gets opened automatically.
- Choose the QuickBooks icon and move to the directory that contains the company file.
- If you are using the single-user mode, do not use the network connectivity option.
- Enter the admin name and password and choose OK.
- Finally, wait till all errors get detected and fixed by the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
Read also : How to resolve QuickBooks Error 30159?
How to utilize the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Once the installation procedure gets completed, have a look at the steps to use the connection diagnostic tool.
- Firstly, choose the QuickBooks icon without launching the corrupted file.
- After that, go to the Utilities tab and choose Repair the file.
- Click Network Problems and then choose Yes to save the QuickBooks-related personal information.
- Choose the folder in which you have saved the company files.
- Search for the corrupted company file and choose Open.
- Choose the show advance settings option and a list of items appears on the screen.
- Select the issue and enter the admin credentials.
- Lastly, click the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
Which tabs are included in the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
Beneath, we have mentioned the tabs that
- Diagnose Connection Tab
In this tab, you can test the system and set up the company data file that can be accessed from a PC.
- Firewall Status
This tab consists of all the basic guidelines regarding Firewall.
- Test Connectivity
This tab allows you to check all the workstation connectivity.
The steps to check connectivity are as follows.
- The first step is to choose the option present next to the Company File.
- Select the Linux system if you have a proper internet connection. And then, choose change the hosting server check box.
How to check the workstation’s connectivity?
Have a look at the following steps to test the PC’s connectivity.
- Firstly, click the option present just next to the Company File to look for the company file.
- If the network setup is available in Alternate mode, ensure to use the Linux system or select Change Hosting Server.
- Make sure that every status shows “Not Applicable” status in blue before testing your connectivity.
- Now, the status needs to appear in green that indicates ‘no issues have been found.’
- After that, choose Test Connectivity.
- If the files show the Red color, go to the Advanced option and select “what do these mean?”
- Go to the diagnostic tool to find out more errors or bugs.
- Once you got the success message, repeat the above steps to all PCs.
- Finally, wait until all issues get fixed as this procedure totally depends on the size of the company file and the network speed.
As you have read, QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool plays a vital role in resolving errors related to the QuickBooks accounting software and saves your precious time. You can get this tool for free and use it to fix all your issues persisting in QuickBooks.
Expectantly, this article will be very informative for you. In case, any of your doubts remain unclear regarding the tool, feel free to get advice from one of our experts. Call us at this instant at a toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number.