As everyone knows, QuickBooks is one of the famous accounting software among various small to mid-sized business owners and is used to handle various business-related tasks. However, this software is not free from error codes & bugs like other accounting solutions available in the market. Well, you can troubleshoot all such error codes just by following some simple solutions. But, there can be certain errors that cannot be resolved even after applying all the possible fixes. In such a situation, QuickBooks users need to perform a complete reinstallation of the QuickBooks Desktop for which a tool will be required.
Don’t panic as Intuit has designed one such tool (QuickBooks Clean Install Tool) that can be utilized to get rid of this issue. Today, we will be discussing this tool thoroughly in the following post.
Introduction: QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks clean install plays a vital role in resolving the issues associated with your QuickBooks company file. Also, it automatically renames the previously installed company file folders for you and permits QuickBooks to add newly installed files at the time of reinstalling the software. You should keep in mind that errors can’t be terminated just by re-installing the QuickBooks Desktop while accessing the clean install tool. For this, you first need to uninstall the software, rename the previously installed files, and then reinstall QuickBooks. This whole process is known as QuickBooks Clean Install.
Let’s head over to know the steps of downloading and using the clean install tool in the QuickBooks Desktop.
How to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
You can follow up on the below-mentioned steps to download the QB clean install tool.
- First of all, choose the Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- After that, click on Clean Install Tool and then select OK.
- Choose the QuickBooks version and product version.
- Lastly, click on Continue.
Things to consider before using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks clean install helps you in cleaning up company files from the systems completely. Therefore, it is a must to create a backup of all your QuickBooks data before using it. Let’s discuss all these points in detail.
Steps to create a backup of the company files
- First of all, insert a flash drive in the system for the backup.
- After that, open QuickBooks to create a backup of the files.
- Click on the File option and choose the Backup Company option. Or, you can select one of the options between Local Backup and Online Backup.
- Finally, choose Next and follow the ongoing instructions.
Also, you need to keep the Product and License number with you before using the clean install tool. Now, you may proceed to use the tool to diagnose company file errors.
You may also know: What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
How to access the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Below, you can find out the complete steps to run the clean install tool that can be performed at the time of facing any unresolved errors. If you find it difficult to apply the following steps on your own, get in touch with our team.
Step 1: Uninstalling the QuickBooks Software
Before uninstalling QuickBooks, It is mandatory to have a software license, download form, or QuickBooks update DVD with you before uninstalling the QuickBooks software. Now, you may proceed to follow the steps written below to uninstall the software.
- First of all, choose the Windows + R keys to launch the Run command and then click on Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs and Features option and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, click on QuickBooks Desktop from the list of the software.
- Finally, click on Uninstall and follow the ongoing instructions to complete the procedure.
Step 2: Renaming the previously installed QuickBooks Folders
In this step, you first need to use the clean install tool from the QuickBooks tool hub and then, rename the folders that have been listed for the Windows version.
- The initial step is to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub via the official website of Intuit.
- And then, choose the file location where you want to save the downloaded file and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Now, choose I Accept to finish the installation procedure and then launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Clean Install Tool option once the installation gets completed.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version that has been downloaded previously and press Continue.
- Lastly, a message will pop up on the screen stating Please Install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location where you need to choose Yes.
If in case, you are failed to run QuickBooks while renaming the QuickBooks folders, check out the following steps.
- First of all, choose the Windows taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Next, go to the Processes tab and select the image name column header.
- After that, choose QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe, and QBDBMgern.exe and choose the End option.
- Finally, choose Yes when you will be prompted with a message.
Step 3: Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
- The first step is to insert the QuickBooks CD and follow the on-screen prompts.
- And then, enter your product and license number.
- Provide all the required information and follow the ongoing prompts.
- Press Next and choose the Installation type and choose Next again.
- Finally, click on the Install option and try to launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
Finally, we have ended up with this informative post regarding QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. You can get a detailed insight into the process of downloading and using the tool in this article. If in case, you have not got the required information regarding the clean install and looking for assistance, it is recommended to get connected with our professionals by dialing a toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553.