QuickBooks is a leading accounting software that comprises numerous features and advanced tools. Assumingly, you are closely acquainted with this application and using it for handling your business finances. Well, we are here to talk about QuickBooks-related errors instead of discussing QuickBooks software. One such error “QuickBooks Error Code 20” has been reported by multiple QB users while using the printer.
This post includes all the related aspects of the ‘printer not activated error code 20.’ Check out the whole article to get your error fixed so that you can continue accessing QuickBooks.
What does QuickBooks Error Code 20 indicate?
QuickBooks Error Code 20 usually appears when the printer has not been activated. This happens because the new operating system places the HKEY _Current-CONFIG\software key under the registry settings. Additionally, you will be unable to print or send pay slips. If you are also confronting the same error frequently, check out the whole post. Let’s start by finding out the causes behind the error occurrence and then try to troubleshoot it.
See also : How to merge vendors in QuickBooks?
Confidential Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 20
Now that you have learned what is meant by this error, it is time to search for the main causes that trigger the printer not activated error code 20.
- If you are experiencing compatibility issues with QuickBooks 2009 & Windows 10, this may show an error.
- Because of working on QuickBooks 2009, you may face QB printer error code 20.
- Due to windows registry file issues associated with QuickBooks.
- Unsupported printer drivers may also cause the same error.
- When the PDF converter has not been configured properly.
- Because of using an outdated windows operating system.
Solutions to resolve ‘Printer not activated Error Code 20’ on Windows 7/Vista or Later versions
The following steps may help you to get rid of the printer issues in Windows 7, 8, or later versions.
Step 1: Close the final cheque/draft
For Windows 8 or later users
- First of all, click on the Windows or Start option.
- After that, right-tap on the Final Draft9/8 tile.
- Finally, choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab.
For Window 7/Vista users
- Firstly, click on the Start option and then select the Programs tab.
- Choose the Final Draft 9/8 and then go to the Run as Administrator tab.
- Finally, save the documents In PDF format.
- Now, you will be able to save your script as PFD without facing any issues.
Step 2: Validate the Directory
Before going to make changes in the current registry, you have to create a backup. And if you are facing issues, use the old registry to modify the registry. Also, you need to prepare with a system recovery point in case of further complications.
Step 3: Create the Backup Registry
- The first step is to choose the Registry Editor tab.
- Open the folder tree and then select the Computer icon.
- Select the File option and click the Export tab.
- At last, choose Save.
Step 4: Create the System Restore Point
- Initially, choose the Windows or Start option.
- Look for the System Restore option, then choose Create a New Restore Point.
- After that, System Properties will appear on the screen.
- You have to turn on Protection Setting.
- If you have disabled the function, choose Configure & set the protection.
- Now, choose Apply > OK.
- Finally, the system restores point will automatically get created.
Also read : How to fix QuickBooks Error 15101?
How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 20?
Before following any of the solutions, make sure to take a backup of the computer registry files and create a system restore. So that, you can restore the system whenever required.
Now, you can apply the steps written below one after another.
Solution 1: Perform a complete re-installation of QuickBooks
- Firstly, close QuickBooks along with the backend applications.
- Choose Control Panel > Programs & Features. And then, locate QuickBooks to select the Uninstall option.
- After that, download the latest version of QuickBooks that supports your system.
- Once you have done the installation, start working on the application.
- Lastly, restart the system to apply the changes.
Solution 2: Update or Edit the Registry key
For this, you have two ways that have been given below.
Way 1: Grant permission by a PowerShell script
- The initial step is to choose the Start option and enter the CMD command.
- And then, select Run as an administrator.
- Write Power shell and choose the Enter key.
- Lastly, copy and paste the following code in the search box.
Way 2: Grant permission via Registry Editor
- Firstly, launch the registry editor and press the Windows + R keys to open the Run box.
- Now, enter the regedit command.
- After that, select the Run as Administrator option.
- Look for HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG to run the registry editor.
- Click permission after selecting the folder name.
- Make sure that you have full access control of the desktop.
- Finally, choose Ok and close the window.
Assumingly, this post has proved to be profitable and helped you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 20 thoroughly. There might be a happening of getting stuck in issues while dealing with the same error code. If in case, you are also facing one of such issues and finding out the exact ways to overcome it, immediately talk to one of our professionals. We are all set to guide you till your issues get fixed. Ring us today at a toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number.