We all know, QuickBooks Online software comes with lots of amazing features and functionalities and is used by many business owners all over the world. You can avail of various features after purchasing this amazing software. If you are using online banking in QuickBooks, you might need to merge vendors in quickbooks. The main reason to
is “duplicate entries in the vendor list”. Duplicate entries in the customer or vendor list make it difficult to find out a particular transaction for a vendor. But now, you can easily merge vendors with the help of the latest updates of the QuickBooks software.
Now, the question arises “can you merge vendors in QuickBooks”? If yes, then how? To get the answer to this question, stay connected with us via this blog.
Introducing: Merge vendors in QuickBooks
In QuickBooks, merging vendors is not a difficult task to perform. This process allows you to consolidate all transactions without entering them over and over again, one after the other and thus update information as required. The merging process eliminates one vendor and reassigns all the relevant data to the other vendor. After performing this task, you must note that nothing can be reversed. Therefore, deleting one vendor and transferring it to another is permanent.
Before merging you must keep in mind the following things:
- You must have the backup of your company files as there is a probability of losing your data information.
- You need to change the file name to the “Single User Mode”.
- Before merging vendors, check that no accountant changes have been left.
- You should not use an Accountant’s copy file.
- The vendors you want to merge should not be tax authorities, direct deposit vendors, tax-exempt, or paid via online banking.
- Multi-currency should be turned off.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
The process to merge vendors in QuickBooks 2019 & Later versions
Below-written are the steps to merge vendors version 2019 & later. You can follow them in case of finding duplicate entries in the vendors or customers list.
- The first step is to launch the Merge Vendors window. And, follow the steps written below:
- Choose the Accountant menu and click on Client Date Review. And then, select Merge Vendors. (For QuickBooks Desktop Accountants Users)
- Choose the Company menu and click on Merge Vendors under the Accounting Tools. (For QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Users)
- After that, click on Vendors that you wish to merge.
- Choose Next.
- Click on Master Vendor and then, you have to select Merge.
- Next, choose Yes.
- Finally, click on Merge Complete Window.
The process to merge vendors in QuickBooks 2018 & Older Versions
Here are steps that can be followed to merge vendors in QuickBooks 2018 and older versions. You should attempt the steps carefully so that the duplicate vendors can be merged correctly.
- First of all, choose Vendors and click on Vendor Center.
- After that, you are required to right-click on the Vendor’s name.
- Then, click on Edit Vendor and copy the name of the vendor.
- After that, choose Cancel.
- You need to click on the vendor’s name that you have to merge.
- Select Edit Vendor.
- You are required to change the vendor name and choose OK.
- Finally, choose Yes.
Finally, we have come at the end of the informative article regarding “how to merge vendors in QuickBooks”? We hope that you have got the answer with the help of the above post. There might be instances in which you will be unable to perform the steps by yourself. If you are also stuck in such a situation, quickly get in touch with our experts. To get connected with our team of certified experts, you just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553. We not only guide you to merge vendors in QuickBooks but also help you to provide you information about the QuickBooks software. So dial our number today!
People also see