How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 12002?
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software that is used by both individuals and businesses. This software comes packed with a lot of features and you can use it to carry out a variety of tasks like managing finances, invoice raising, inventory handling etc. It is trusted by hundreds of thousands of customers as it is one of the most robust software available to fulfill the accounting needs of customers. But sometimes, you can come across some common errors and glitches while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 12002 is one such error.
No matter how big or small an error is, it will surely have some negative impact on your productivity. The best practice is to get rid of an error as soon as it occurs. Here we are going to discuss what to do when you come across the QuickBooks Error Code 12002. We will also have a look at the main causes of this error and its possible solutions.
QuickBooks Error 12002:
QuickBooks Error 12002 is one of the most common errors that occur in the software. This error can take place due to network timeout or when the internet connection is slow. It can also be caused by any other issue related to internet connectivity.
There are a few factors that cause this error to take place in QuickBooks:
- When QuickBooks cannot access the server because of a network timeout.
- The SSL setting is incorrect.
- There is some issue with the internet security or firewall is causing problems for the connection.
- The default browser is not Internet Explorer.
- Internet connection is poor.
How to Troubleshoot?
When you find out the exact reason behind the error occurrence, troubleshooting becomes a whole lot easier. But before you start fixing the error, there are a few extra steps you should follow:
- Create a backup of all the company files.
- Update the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Now you can start troubleshooting. It depends on the root cause of the problem. In different caes, the solution will be different. Here we are going to discuss all the possible methods.
See Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15215?
Solution 1: Check the Internet Connection
- Open the QuickBooks application and click on ‘Help’.
- Now you will see an option ‘Internet Connection Setup’. Click on it.
- Here you have to check whether the connection is set to use your computer’s internet connection or not.
- Now click on ‘Next’ and then ‘Done’.
- When you update again the error should go away.
Solution 2: Reconfigure Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer browser and in the top right corner, click on the Gear icon.
- From the list of options, select ‘Internet Options’ and then go to the ‘Security’ tab.
- Here, click the Globe icon and make sure that the security is not set to High.
- Now go to the ‘Connections’ tab choose ‘Never Dial a Connection’. Click on ‘OK’.
- Click on ‘LAN settings’ and tick the box saying ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ and unstick ‘Use a Proxy Server’.
- Enter the correct Address and Port number.
- If you see 80 as the port number, then do not uncheck the ‘Use a Proxy Server’.
- Click on ‘OK’ and then go to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ and then tick the ‘Use TLS 1.2’ checkbox.
- Now click on ‘OK’ and exit Internet Explorer.
Solution 3: Add QuickBooks to the Windows Firewall Exception Port
- Click the Windows Start button and type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search bar
- From the results, click on ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ from the left sidebar and then right-click on ‘Inbound Rules’.
- Choose ‘New Rule’ and then select the correct Port.
- Click on ‘Next’ and make sure that you select the TCP.
- Type the correct Port for your QuickBooks’ version.
- Choose ‘Allow Connection’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Make sure that all the profiles displayed in the pop up are check marked.
- Click on ‘Next’ and type a name for this new rule.
- Click on ‘Finish’ and follow the same steps to set up the outbound rules.
- These steps should fix the error 12002 on QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is a popular software solution among businesses and individuals for their accounting needs. This software is no different from other software when it comes to error occurrence. There are a few common errors that can occur from time to time. QuickBooks Error 12002 is one such error. Here, we have explained what this error is, what the possible causes are and how you can get rid of this.
If you have any doubts, feel free to reach out to us. Our team of experts will try to answer all the questions you might have.