As we all know, QuickBooks is being well-functioning software in all over the world. No other software can replace QuickBooks in the market. This software has gained popularity because of its amazing features and functionalities. But, considering all these facts, QuickBooks also displays error codes and bugs that can lead to big issues for your business. Due to such errors, you will not be access the company file data in QuickBooks. QuickBooks error code H505 is one such error that can hamper your business activities.
In the following blog, all the aspects related to QuickBooks error H505 has mentioned. Along with this, we have explained all the possible reasons behind the same issue as well in the article. First, we will are going to introduce QuickBooks error code H505.
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks error code H505 usually takes place at the time of launching a QuickBooks company file or while switching QuickBooks from normal to multi-user mode. In addition to this, the Intuit H505 comes along with some other error codes, as well, such as QuickBooks Error H101, QuickBooks error H202, QuickBooks error H303, and QuickBooks error H404. Further, you may also get receive one of this series error code while launching a file that is not saved on your computer.
Next, we are going to discuss all the reasons for QuickBooks error code H505.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks h505 error can take place due to numerous reasons. We have a collection of some important causes that you should know before troubleshooting the error.
- Due to damage in the .ND file, QuickBooks is unable to access the files on a network.
- When you are unable to access the QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor, this may lead to the error h505 QuickBooks.
- If the hosting configuration has not been done properly, then you have to face the QuickBooks h505 error.
- Issues with the DNS settings will also lead to QuickBooks error h505.
- QuickBooks firewall ports may also be the reason for the error h505. This lets the communication between server and QuickBooks.
- You are failed to find the IP address of the server.
Also read: What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error H505
There can be many ways to handle the error h505 QuickBooks. However, we have suggested some effective methods below that will definitely resolve your issues. You are recommended to apply them one by one:
Method 1: Verify the QuickBooks Services
Under this method, you have to check the QuickBooks services are running. To do so, you have to follow the steps written below:
- Firstly, you have to launch the Run dialog box.
- Now, you have to enter services.msc under the text field of the Run box.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift +Esc together to launch the Task Manager.
- Choose the Services tab under the Task Manager.
- You have to find out Services and open it.
- Search for the QuickBooksDBXX service under the Name column.
- Double-tap on the service name.
- After that, you need to choose Properties from the list that displays on the screen.
- Run the Startup Type and choose Automatic. The service status should be running or started. In case, the status of service is not started, then you have to start by clicking on the Start button.
- Select the Recovery tab.
- Finally, you have to click on Restart the service under the First failure option. You are required to restart the services is to be chosen.
Method 2: Check your Network Ports
- Firstly, choose the Control Panel and choose System & Security.
- Now, choose the Windows Firewall.
- After that, you have search for the Advanced Settings.
- Right-click Inbound Rules on the left side.
- Now, click on New Rule.
- Choose Port under the Rule type.
- You are required to select TCP and particular local ports.
- Add all the required ports of QuickBooks.
- Once you are done with all the aforementioned steps, click on Next.
- You need to select Allow the connection in the window.
- Then, select Next.
- Choose the type of the Network. And, you need check all the options.
- Rename the rule and choose Next.
You can also apply the aforementioned steps for Outbound Rules. And, verify that the error H505 QuickBooks continues or not.
Method 3: Edit the Windows hosts file
- The first step is to launch Run on the server.
- You have to type cmd in the Run window to launch Command Prompt.
- Enter the command “ipconfig /all”.
- You need to write down the PC name and IP address for all hosts and workstations.
- Now, shut down QuickBooks and run your PC.
- After that, run the path C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc.
- Or, you can also go to the path C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc.
- Launch the Hosts file with Notepad.
- Now, enter the PC name and the IP address. Make sure to use the Tab key to separate the IP address and PC name.
- Finally, apply the changes.
Method 4: Configure the Firewall settings
Make sure that the Firewall settings are to be configured to allow exceptions. Follow the steps written below:
- Click on the Start option and open the search box.
- Now, launch the Control Panel and find Firewall Settings.
- Click on Allow a Program via Firewall.
- After that, choose Add a Program.
- Now, you have to save it on the list of exceptions.
- At last, restart the PC so that, the changes can be applied.
Method 5: Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool can help you to troubleshoot any kind of error related to QuickBooks. You just require to download the file doctor tool.
- Firstly, you are required to check QuickBooks is installed on your system.
- After that, you can download and install the tool on the server to resolve the error H505 QuickBooks.
If this tool did not help you to fix QuickBooks h505 error, then move on to the next method.
Method 6: Check the Hosting
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks on every hosting system.
- Click on Utilities under the File menu
- Now, you need to check the multi-User Access. Make sure to not to change anything.
- The company file must be closed window in the company. Choose Yes.
Method 7: Make a new company file folder
- Firstly, you have to create a new folder in the hosting PC.
- After that, share the folder that has been recently created.
- Now, set windows to share the company files by accepting entry permissions.
- You are required to Copy the .qbw file and paste in the new folder.
- Finally, you can run the file in multi-user mode.
To sum up
We hope that the aforementioned blog regarding QuickBooks Error code H505 has proved to be fruitful for you. Sometimes, QuickBooks users find issues during dealing with this error code. But, you don’t need to take stress as we are here to guide you by providing step by step instructions. In case, you are still going through the QuickBooks error code H505 and unable to get fixed, quickly dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number (+1-888-905-3553) (Toll-Free). You not only get solutions to make the software free of error codes, but also get information about QuickBooks. Our team will support you to acknowledge the QuickBooks software in detail.