Without a doubt, QuickBooks has proved its existence across the globe because of consisting exciting features and functionalities. After having such amazing features, QuickBooks has numerous error codes and bugs that may appear in various instances. Some QuickBooks users have to face various error codes that can be irritating for them. QuickBooks error 6073 is one such error that can be appeared while accessing QuickBooks company files.
To get additional information regarding “QuickBooks Error -6073 ”, you are advised to read the following post. Here, we have written all the related aspects related to the same issue.
Defining QuickBooks Error -6073
QuickBooks error -6073 appears when you are attempting to access a company file with the extension .qbe in multi-user mode. Additionally, you can have the same error code during switching your system to multi-user mode. This error comes with a message that indicates “you are not able to access the company file”. It is mandatory to remember that the file is not located in a read only network folder. And, the file should be accessible from the administrator end.
What may lead to QuickBooks Error 6073?
You might face QuickBooks error code 6073 in many instances. However, it is not possible to describe all the causes in a single list. Here, you can find out some of the possible instances in which the error may take place.
1. If you are trying to run the company file in multi-user mode, error 6073 QuickBooks may encounter.
2. The company file is located in read-only network folder.
3. When you have placed the file in unix or linux PC, this may also lead to the error occurence.
4. You will be unable to sign in to the folders while using multiple credentials.
Also read: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6123 0?
Trouble-free solutions to deal with QuickBooks Error Code 6073
You can follow the below-explained troubleshooting solutions to deal with the QuickBooks error 6073. You should keep in mind that the error may damage your data, So you are required to create a backup of your company files data for the safe side. And then, apply the solutions written below one by one.
Solution 1: Fix Corrupted Network Data File
- First of all, launch Windows Explorer by choosing the Start option.
- After that, search for the folder in which you have saved the company file.
- Choose the company file with the Network Data and QuickBooks company file extension.
- You are required to change the file extension from .ndold.
- And then, select the enter key.
- Launch QuickBooks and then, open the company file.
- Finally, QuickBooks will create another network data file for the company file.
Solution 2: Check the Network Data File & Transaction Log Files
- First of all, you need to access My computer and click on the Tools.
- Next, choose the folder options and go to the View tab.
- Click on Show Hidden files and folders.
- After hiding transactions log files, you need to launch the data folder to check the network data files and transaction log files.
- Choose the Network data files and select Properties.
- Finally, remove the hidden option and choose OK.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks file Doctor
- Initially, you have to download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub and save that file on your Desktop.
- After that, launch the file titled as “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”.
- Follow the on-going instructions to install the terms and conditions.
- You are required to launch the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Next, choose the Company File Issues tab and click on QuickBooks File Doctor.
- If you are unable to find the QuickBooks file doctor option, then choose the browse option.
- Select Check your file and press Continue.
- Finally, type the admin password and press Next.
Also refer: Conducive steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6189
How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6073? (Manually)
The process of troubleshooting QuickBooks error 6073 manually depends on various situations or conditions. We are providing you all the possible conditions for the error occurrence with their solutions.
Case 1: Accessing the file in single-user mode on another PC
1. First of all, close QuickBooks on all workstations.
2. After that, launch the file on the host PC.
3. Go to the file menu and choose switch to the multi-user mode.
4. Next, reboot all the workstations.
Case 2: When the file is placed in a read-only network folder
1. First of all, choose the PC that is hosting the file.
2. And then, access the folder in which you have saved the file.
3. Choose the folder and click on the properties option.
4. Run the Security tab and choose the user with login issues option.
5. Go to the edit option and click on Allow.
6. Finally, click on Apply.
Also important: How can we resolve QuickBooks Error 6176?
Case 3: When you are accessing the file in single-user mode in the host PC
1. Firstly, choose the file menu and click on close company.
2. Access the company file again.
3. After that, click on open or restore company under the file menu.
4. Launch the company file and choose Next.
5. Finally, choose the company file and select open file in multi-user mode.
We suppose that the above post assisted you in troubleshooting QuickBooks error 6073. In some cases, you may find issues while resolving the same error code. If you are also facing the same situation and unable to resolve it on your own, we advise you to get in touch with our experts who will direct you in the right direction. If you are interested in getting touch with our professionals, quickly dial our toll-free QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553.