According to research, QuickBooks has become one of the best accounting solutions that help its users to grow their business. Once you have installed it on the system, you don’t need to worry about preparing taxes or managing business activities. Well, like other accounting software, you may also receive technical error codes in QuickBooks such as QuickBooks Error 1406. In the following post, you will get to know about the same and the root causes behind the error.
If you can’t deal with such technical glitches, get in touch with our experts to get further assistance. Dial +1-888-905-3553
What is QuickBooks Error 1406?
QuickBooks error 1406 comes across while updating the QuickBooks accounting solution. In addition to this, you can get the same error code because of the damaged Windows Registry. Various instances might lead to the error 1406 QuickBooks. To get familiar with all the root causes, you need to go through the following post. After knowing the causes behind an error, you can apply the below-mentioned solutions wisely.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 1406?
By knowing the root causes behind QuickBooks Error Code 1406, you can easily find out the appropriate solutions to resolve it. Below, you can find out a complete list that has all the possible root causes behind the issue.
- Because of the firewall or other security programs, you can’t run the company files.
- You might receive QuickBooks error code 1406 because of the corrupted Windows Installer.
- A damaged Windows registry may also cause the error.
What can be the solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1406?
The following are the relevant solutions that might guide you to fix QuickBooks error code 1406. While attempting the subsequent solutions, there might be instances to get stuck in a trouble. To deal with such situations, call our professionals to take help in fixing them.
Solution 1: Using a Clean Install Tool for System Configuration
- Firstly, for choosing the Run command press Win+R keys together.
- Now, type MSconfig and press Enter.
- Go to the General tab and click on Load Startup Items, and Selective Startup
- After that, click on the Services tab and choose Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft Service and verify the list of services.
- Now, ensure that the Windows Installer has been chosen.
- Click on Restart in the System Configuration Window.
- Lastly, you need to reinstall the software via a clean install tool.
Restoring the PC to its normal configuration
- Firstly, press Win+R keys together to launch the Run command.
- After that, type MSconfig and press Enter.
- Next, choose the General tab and click on Normal Startup.
- Choose Ok.
- Lastly, Restart the PC.
Solution 2: Verifying the Windows Registry
- Firstly, ensure that the PC and Administrator have done control access.
- Go through the following path. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaSTOR registry key.
- Lastly, ensure that you have set all the keys to the Administrators group.
Solution 3: Resolve the error 1406 using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, install the QuickBooksInstallDiagnosticTool.exe from the official website of intuit
- Now, save the recently downloaded file to the desktop.
- After that, run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to resolve QuickBooks error code 1406.
- Lastly, check whether the error has been occurring or not.
Solution 4: Access Workstation as an Admin
- Firstly, choose the Start option and click on Programs.
- Now, click on the System Tools and choose the System Restore.
- After that, you have to restore the PC with the previously done settings.
- Click on Next.
- Next, select the current PC restore point and click on Next.
- Choose next in the Confirmation tab.
- Lastly, try to start the PC again.
To sum up
We assume that QuickBooks Error 1406 has been resolve after taking the assistance of the above post. If you are getting stuck in any issue while dealing with the same, you may talk to our experts and find out the ways to fix it. Or, you want to know more about the QuickBooks software, you are also free to get in touch with our team of certified experts by dialing the QuickBooks Premier Support Phone Number +1-888-905-3553. We will be glad to assist you in resolving all the queries associated with the QuickBooks software.