In QuickBooks, you can avail of various applications that make your accounting easy. Along with this, you get various features and functionalities in QuickBooks software. QuickBooks firewall is one of those applications that helps to prevent the system from a variety of threats. If you are using QuickBooks for many years, then you should know the firewall is taken as an important application. Including so, you should also know that this application may block internet access for certain QuickBooks programs. Because of this issue, many users have to experience various QuickBooks firewall error. To prevent yourself from such error, you need to configure firewall ports from time to time.
Today, we will describe all the steps to configure QuickBooks firewall ports so that you will not get any firewall error at the time of accessing the application. Now, stay in touch with us and read the following article carefully.
Complete steps to set up QuickBooks firewall ports
You can configure QuickBooks firewall ports 2020 manually just by following some of the easy steps mentioned below. As you know, a firewall is always considered as an important application that prevents your system from threats. If you want to set up QuickBooks firewall settings, you need to follow three steps. You may proceed further to follow both of the steps respectively.
Step 1: Configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports (Automatically)
You can also configure the QuickBooks ports firewall just by downloading the QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool will allow you to launch the firewall ports and configure Windows automatically.
Step 2: Configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports (Manually)
The following steps will help you in setting up QuickBooks ports firewall manually. In this step, you first need to configure firewall ports. After that, you have to make firewall exceptions for QuickBooks related programs. Finally, configure the firewall or antivirus programs. Now, you can apply all of the below-mentioned steps correspondingly:
Configure QuickBooks firewall ports manually
- First of all, you have to go to the Start menu and write “Windows Firewall”.
- Go to the Advanced Settings option and choose the Inbound rules under the New Rule.
- After that, you need to click on Next to choose the firewall port.
- Next, you need to ensure that TCP has been chosen.
- Enter the particular ports that are needed for the QuickBooks year version in the following particular ports field:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- QB Desktop 2018: 8019, 56727, 55373-55382.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX.
- After entering the port number, you have to click on Next.
- Choose Allow the connection and press Next.
- Then, make sure that you have selected all profiles.
- You are required to tap on Next.
- Finally, make a rule and save it as QBPort(year). And then, choose Finish.
You can follow the same aforementioned steps for Outbound Rules as well.
|Note: If you want to get the dynamic ports (Specific Firewall Ports) number for QuickBooks Desktop 2020 & 2019, follow the below-mentioned steps respectively:
a) First of all, you have to select the Windows Start option.
b) And then, write QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the search box.
c) Go to the port monitor tab and search for the version of QuickBooks.
d) Finally, note the port number that is used for the QuickBooks firewall port exception.
Creating Firewall Exceptions for QuickBooks Programs
If for any cause, you are experiencing a QuickBooks firewall error while configuring, then try to create firewall exceptions for programs. The following are the steps that can be followed to create firewall exceptions.
- First of all, you have to go to the Start menu and write Firewall.
- After that, choose the Windows Firewall.
- You need to choose the advanced settings and choose inbound rules in the new rule.
- Next, select the Program option and click on Next.
- Then, you have to select “This Program Path” and go to the Browse option.
- Follow the paths from the graph and tap on Next.
- Make sure that you have been marked allow the connection and tap on Next.
- Check that all profiles have been marked and tap on Next.
- Finally, launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
Configuring the Firewall or Antivirus Programs
This step is useful to be followed if configuring the Windows Firewall and creating QuickBooks exceptions did not resolve QuickBooks firewall error. Here are the steps to configure antivirus programs or Firewall:
- The changing version and the firewall robust number should be ended up in Intuit. You should refer to the software’s documentation or the website of the software publishers.
- You just require adding the ports to the Windows Firewall. Because, Intuit will not support numerous types of internet security programs existing in the market.
- If you are facing errors continuously while launching the file over a network, try to add the directories to the program.
|OnlineBackup.exe||C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup|
|IntuitSyncManager.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Sync|
|QBLaunhc.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBUpdate.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate|
|DBManagerExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileManagement.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessaging.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBW32.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBDBMgrN.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileMovementExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBGDSPlugin.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|AutoBackupExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|Dbmlsync.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
Including adding directories, you can also make sure that the TCP has been selected and type the ports that need for the particular QuickBooks version. You should also add each year’s ports if you are running multiple QuickBooks versions.
Step 3: Reboot your PC
In some of the QuickBooks versions, you will get an option to restart the computer system. So you can save the recent changes that have been done recently. We recommend restarting the Pc after QuickBooks Firewall Settings. Finally, you have completed all the required steps to configure QuickBooks firewall ports.
Concluded the Post!
Eventually, you have gained all the important information regarding “QuickBooks Firewall Ports”. You can easily add firewall exceptions and configure QuickBooks ports with the help of the aforementioned informative post. Possible, we have added all the required aspects related to the firewall ports in the above article. If you are looking for any other information reading the same or unable to configure QuickBooks ports firewall on your own, get in touch with our team. So ring us today at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-888-905-3553.